New Multistrada

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Bones

Are you hinting to the next purchase? I was able to see VFR a couple weeks ago and looks sweet! May have to add it to the stable! ;)

Randy

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Not sure I'd buy a new bike but I've sure got to go see that Multistrada when it hits the showroom. Gotta have that red! :D

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
http://www.multistrada.ducati.com/jspmulti/index.jsp?lang=en

4 suspension/safety system combinations, pushbutton selectable while riding.
Standard version or Sport version or Touring version (with panniers, heated grips, etc)
Factory hookups for a Garmin GPS
More than one color
Shed the homely looks of the original Multistrada in a BIG way
Bones drooling profusely

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
I love it how the website lets you pick different models for Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro. As in "the 1200 Multistrada" with different DTC settings.

150 hp! :22yikes:
Dayum.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I LOOOOOVE the looks of this new Multistrada... in fact... it is like a Ferrari on two wheels, much better looking than the new VFR, IMHO.

Can't wait for my local Ducati dealer to get one in for a test ride.
There's a Ducati sales guy on the Duc forum, says it's due in the states around April. No word on price yet, but that could change soon with the bike's "official" introduction at a show this week.

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well it's a perfect fit for me and 150HP!!! Wow, what a police attracter that would be for me. I had trouble keeping my ST in check and my Blackbird was way too hard to keep under triple digits. this thing has got to be outta sight!

Not to worry though, it still has a $16K price tag and that will keep me away.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Well it's a perfect fit for me and 150HP!!! Wow, what a police attracter that would be for me. I had trouble keeping my ST in check and my Blackbird was way too hard to keep under triple digits. this thing has got to be outta sight!

Not to worry though, it still has a $16K price tag and that will keep me away.
Did you see an official price somewhere? I haven't found one. I'm probably going to need surgical leg extensions, so it can't be too pricey.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Is it one bike with four settings, or three different versions with four settings? Confused as usual.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Standard and S versions.
S version has two variants, Sport and Touring.
All have the four mode push button thingamabob.
Man, there's a lot of electronic stuff happening in there...wonder how much faith I'd have in that going off to who knows where for who knows how long?

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
Did you see an official price somewhere? I haven't found one. I'm probably going to need surgical leg extensions, so it can't be too pricey.
I am optimistically hoping it will be around the price of the current model. Which means it will be more expensive but a guy can dream...

STOC #

As a long time Ducatisti, having gone through an 888 a couple Supersports, and ST3, a 748R, and currently having a new Monster in the stable for around town duty ;) Also being one that is equipped to do all their own work (many, many specialized doohickeys and thingamajigs required)

I can warn you that if you have never owned a Duc to approach with caution. They are real nice to look at but it's not the cost of entry that will get you, but the cost to keep her. If you plan on actually riding the bike a water cooled Ducati gets really expensive, really quick. Imagine if you will, provided you don't do your own work, at minimum a mandatory $500+++ service (some dealers charge over a grand) at right about each front tire change. The time and expense have sworn me off of water cooled Desmo motors, I can do an air cooled valve adjustment in an afternoon, almost with my eyes closed. You will go broke if you try to run one like an ST.

The 150 hp # sounds real nice but IMO they would have had a much better bike if it was outfitted with the new 1100 Monster 2v air/oil cooled motor.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Standard and S versions.
S version has two variants, Sport and Touring.
All have the four mode push button thingamabob.
Man, there's a lot of electronic stuff happening in there...wonder how much faith I'd have in that going off to who knows where for who knows how long?
On an Italian bike? Good point. If it were a Honda, no problem.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
You will go broke if you try to run one like an ST.
So as soon as I have enough stupid money laying around that I don't care what it costs, THEN I get a new Multistrada. That's the realistic plan, anyway.

Top Bottom