KTM bringing full line of street bikes to U.S.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Like that 990SMT, too. Does it have any dual sport intentions or is it a lightweight sport tourer?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
:eek: Wow, that guy went WAY wide in that corner!

Yeah, yeah, I know... the pic must have been taken in England or similar.

That looks like a curve-eating monster!

OP
OP
ulyrider
Bike
07 Buell XB12X
Like that 990SMT, too. Does it have any dual sport intentions or is it a lightweight sport tourer?
It definitely looks more street oriented (17" wheels and tires), but it does have more travel in the suspension than my Uly. According to the specs, it has over 6" in the front and over 7" in the rear. I'm sure it would be great on dirt roads. It's not cheap though. I think it's supposed to be around $16K :eek:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Good one BB! (I had to go back and look because initially I *saw* it as a Brit road; but, thought I had made a mistake! :D)

KTM's are made for people with legs that are *much* too long for their torso!
(which means they are *way* too tall seat-wise for me :()

Bike
2006 ST1300
Nice machine for sure, but I seriously question their advertising strategy in the video. Encouraging that kind of riding on the streets is insane.

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
I don't need any further encouragement to ride like a lunatic, but that's the same way I'd ride if the doctor told me I had 20 minutes to live. Cool bikes though.

sbB

Bike
ST1300
Nice machine for sure, but I seriously question their advertising strategy in the video. Encouraging that kind of riding on the streets is insane.
I agree the ad is irresponsible and that riding like that on streets is insane, but based on what I see on freeways over toward Flint and Saginaw, I'm guessing they know their market well and that appeals to the fantasies/desires/intended use of many in their market segment.

Top Bottom