MS: Tag

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
Mark,

Man you like keeping it down south.:)
Thank you very much, but I did have to ride 800 miles to move this dang thing.

Being from the Deep South, anything north of Nashville probably means I'm so far north and so high above sea level that I need an oxygen mask. I like my tags down here, where I can breathe easily... :D

John

R.I.P. - 2024/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Way to go Mark.

Great effort to make the tag move. Lots of us are proud of you. Now, if I could only get the pretenders in Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana to be as dedicated as you are. Well, we can only do so much when it comes to laying down a challenge.

Hopefully some day I will be in a position to challenge you guys like Mac and George can. Only when I get to that point can I truthfully call you guys who won't move the tag a bunch of pu$$eys.

Play tag.....ride the bikes....claim your place in the little crazy part of life.

Great job.....keep it moving.

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
All right Mark! :wave1: :yr1:

Man after you going all that way I'll let it sit awhile....nahhhhh! :)

For anyone looking for a reason to ride The Shed has excellent BBQ. Now how can I draw this out long enough to be hungry at both tag spots? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Anxiously awaiting Motomac's post as to where the Tag ends up but hey he's heading west toward me so can't be too hard...right???

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
OK, here's the MS old and new. The OH license plate is still above the door. We did not stop long enough to eat. The new tag shouldn't be too hard to find and of course isn't a whole lot of miles away from the Shed.

Attachments

John

R.I.P. - 2024/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Mark,

I was with Mac yesterday at Moonshine and tried to get him to move the Illinois tag. He already had the plan in his head and had the locations for the southern tags programmed in his Zumo. He is heading west from Stagecoach so my guess is the tags will move somewhat west......with Mac, you never know.

What is bad is that someone from California has to start the tag and then come back to keep it moving.

We all need more people playing tag. The Colorado bunch moved their tag about 5 times this week.

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
Interesting, if this is where I think it is Google maps street view shows the base but the lighthouse is gone. I'm guessing it was destroyed in Katrina and they have since rebuilt it?

Don

Bike
'97 ST1100
The Biloxi lighthouse has survived every hurricane since 1860 and (of course) it's still there . . . . right in the middle of highway 90. It *did* get a nice facelift after the storm though

Don

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
Interesting, if this is where I think it is Google maps street view shows the base but the lighthouse is gone. I'm guessing it was destroyed in Katrina and they have since rebuilt it?
Your post reflects a common myth. The "base" you refer to is actually an old fountain, built by Mr. White around 1917. Mac's tag is about a half mile east. Many people confuse the loss of the light keeper's house (during Camille) with the old fountain.

Here's a link to a short video on the history of the lighthouse. http://www.biloxi.ms.us/video/The_Biloxi_Lighthouse.html

Mac's new tag is so close to me I could walk to it before you could make it here from Florida. I'm gonna move it, but want to find a location that Jeff (MSGulfCoast) won't be able to find too easily. (Hmmm, did I just throw down a challenge...?)

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Well here you go Mark...

IMG_0128.jpgIMG_0134.jpg
Old: New:

Started to head over into Hancock County but didn't want you to have to go to far! :)

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I didn't think that would last long. Looks like you parked in the same spot I did for the light house. So, I guess the AL tag will fall shortly. It was a fun diversion.

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
Boggsdale was a little hard to find. I had to circle around for the photo. I think I scared the folks who owned the American flag in the background when I parked on the sidewalk.

Be careful moving my new tag. I think I heard banjo's on the way in there!

Attachments

Top Bottom