State Splitting Discussion

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I'm of the opinion that the tags should be left at the geographic state borders and not further subdivided.

While I can appreciate the desire to get more people to do more tagging, I like to think that the ST is built for long, fast rides instead of short little squirts.

I get more eager to grab a tag if it's more than 200 miles away. If it's right up the street, I'd get bored.

Just my $.02.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Sal, change'em up if ya don't like how "they" are doing it. The grousing, to me, is part of the game. Remember when Dace gave me grief about the mountain last year?

Themes: if a given "old" tag is interesting, I have taken the time to find a "new" similar tag. Not necessary, just part of the fun. I've moved a tag from an old mill to another old mill (Iowa), from an old hotel to another old hotel (Minnesota), and from a stockade block house to another block house (Illinois.) I've also moved'em only a couple miles many times, but always haul Colorado as far and remote as possible. (Gonna do it this way everywhere from now on.)

Distance: Some states just lend themselves to long moves. The prairie states are "thru" points, folks are often traveling thru. Other states are destinations, lots of outsiders go there. Some, tho (Central CA, Indiana) seem to support a local crew, lots of folks live there and work for a living so shorter rides, weekend moves, seem to be the norm. Nothing to stop you from jumping in of course.

I've set my own rules for a move (not hard and fast, but...)
Take the old pic before the new pic;
Take both pics withing 24 hours;
Post the change as soon as possible.

Always try to make it interesting, unique, off-the-beaten-track.

ALWAYS get yur bike in the shots (my biggest failing. :rofl1:)

Don't let "the locals" intimidate ya.

If ya wanna read some real complaining, go to advrider.com and read the North American Tag Egg story. We (Danny, Mac, Steve, me) had a blast moving it to Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Canada. STRiders rule ADV!!! :D

I recently took some flak from the Illinois crowd (John Oo is a fringe Illini) because STrayCatt's squad car wasn't a "fixed" object. You won't find that restriction in the rules, tho. Besides, I should have some latitued as I started the Illinois tag. None of the locals had enuff spunk to do it themselves. :duck: :rofl1:

Bottom line, play the game if ya want, do it yur way, make'em hunt for it as needed. Or don't, all up to you.

I've pretty much laid off since last fall. My Nebraska tag has languished for over a year, does no one ride there? SINK???!!!

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
but always haul Colorado as far and remote as possible.

QUOTE]

Far and remote is what its all about...I welcome all players here in Colorado, it does sometime seem like the same folks over and over, but anyone is welcome to join in. We mention the tag game to all new Co members, the more the merrier. Nothing feels better than to know George or Mac or whomever came to Colorado with the sole purpose of moving the tag. Our current tag was moved about 450 miles to a tree just a few feet from Kansas. We have gone thru themes but welcome any new tag at any time.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
but always haul Colorado as far and remote as possible.

QUOTE]

Far and remote is what its all about...I welcome all players here in Colorado, it does sometime seem like the same folks over and over, but anyone is welcome to join in. We mention the tag game to all new Co members, the more the merrier. Nothing feels better than to know George or Mac or whomever came to Colorado with the sole purpose of moving the tag. Our current tag was moved about 450 miles to a tree just a few feet from Kansas. We have gone thru themes but welcome any new tag at any time.
Might soon be time to move the CO tag back to (almost) Utah. :rofl1:

RCS

Should the NY tag be split? Say NY and then Long Island, NY? I'm not sure there are enough people in LI to participate but I'd hate to move the tag from Watkins Glen to Montauk Point (365 miles) and have a lot of upset people....

Last1Out

STOC 7165; KLRST 52
STOC #
Have you looked at the North Carolina TOR in ADV rider? They think moving the tag 400 miles twice in a day is part of the game!! And the rivalry that exists between the flatlanders and hillbillies has made that game a lot of fun. Here's how it looks when the game is played right.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385248

It might turn the same way in NY, city folk vs the upstate. Go for it!

Top Bottom