State Splitting Discussion

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I agree with Greg and Tom. Politically anything south of I80 is considered "Southern" Illinois. But for tag purposes I say we split the state closer to the middle of the state.

If you look at Ill route 136 it is just south of Bloomington and runs pretty much east and west. Looks like a good place to divide the state to me.
I'd say I-74 as it's easier to recognize.

"Ride Illinois, 11 turns in 317 miles"

(also used for Florida and a couple other flat states. :D)

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom.......Lubbock is closer to Arizona than it is to Texas.

Houston, Tx 519 miles
Tyler, Tx 450 miles
Brownsville, Tx 665 miles
Edgar, Az 489 miles
Denver, Co 540 miles
Wichita Ks 487 miles
Coop youre really only 540 miles away?

OP
OP
Blrfl

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Mark, using your logic, a congressman from NY shouldn't be able to dictate land use n Utah (re: current bill to designate more of UT as "wilderness"). D'oh! :doh1:
Welll, by virtue of the fact that he's a congressman and all that... Aw hell... Who said there was logic involved anyway?

At any rate, here's how I'd split Virginia: CLICKY

--Mark

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Awright - someone decide between Illinois 136 and I-74. I see the merits of both and don't think it matters a great deal either way.

Greg Kane

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Hey who is this Patti F that updated the map that didn't get mentioned for helping ???

Bike
03 ST1300 89 pc
Seems to me if you split this too much some of these areas will not get moved just because of the split , in other words riders that play tag are not going to those areas much in the first place.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
The whole idea of the Tag game is to encourage folks to get out and ride, hopefully to places they've never been. If a state is split into pieces, you're just limiting where folks have to go to get a tag. To the next county, the next city,,,,, defeating the purpose of the game. And yes, a tag may sit awhile. If that bothers somebody, then they should go get it! Don't split states up just so a tag isn't more than X miles away and turn it into a competition to see who got how many tags.
And face it, there just may not be enough ST riders out there to keep these tags moving as quickly as some would like. We are a very small number! That's just a fact.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The whole idea of the Tag game is to encourage folks to get out and ride, hopefully to places they've never been. If a state is split into pieces, you're just limiting where folks have to go to get a tag. To the next county, the next city,,,,, defeating the purpose of the game. And yes, a tag may sit awhile. If that bothers somebody, then they should go get it! Don't split states up just so a tag isn't more than X miles away and turn it into a competition to see who got how many tags.
And face it, there just may not be enough ST riders out there to keep these tags moving as quickly as some would like. We are a very small number! That's just a fact.
I disagree with that a little.

If a state is split in two then there's twice the chance that someone will get out and tag and there are twice as many tags going on at the same time... in Texas, you can go get the North and South tags at the same time with the current locations and that may encourage more people to ride.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
in Texas, you can go get the North and South tags at the same time with the current locations and that may encourage more people to ride.
So how come George, Fred D., and I have moved the TX tags for most of this year???!!! What happened to the Texans???

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
So how come George, Fred D., and I have moved the TX tags for most of this year???!!! What happened to the Texans???
Well, If I was retired I could probably do a lot more tagging but as it stands I can only tag if it's during a trip I have planned.

I don't put a lot of importance on tagging myself as I don't get many free weekends to just take off and tag. I have to save my time for trips that I feel are a better use of gas and tires.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Gotta admit I don't do many tag-only rides. Usually associated with a trip tho I will take a side trip and add some miles and time.

I have the time and interest to chase tags. Adding a day and a few hunnert miles is all part of the game for me. Mac and I are lucky to be able to do such.

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Maybe we need a special division ? We could call it ' The Senior Tagging League !
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom