State Splitting Discussion

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Maybe we need a special division ? We could call it ' The Senior Tagging League !
Posted via Mobile Device
Another way to look at that would be. to give you youngsters a chance to get some tags, 'cause me and my buddy George usually get them all.

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
I truely believe all of us here love and respect our senior population !!
Posted via Mobile Device

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
I truely believe all of us here love and respect our senior population !!
Posted via Mobile Device
I truly believe most of use here are senior population !! :rofl1:

The ST seems to be primarily ridden by the 40+ age group. It will be a looooong time (approx. 172,500 seconds) before I fit that statistic.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Can we divide Lubbock county into north and south? There is no reason to go south now that you can buy beer in town.

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
Why Split any State? If it's a large state then so be it. I thought the object of playing tag was to ride? Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake here but I rode 320 miles (+ or -) each way and had a great time riding along the St Lawrence Seaway. If my tag that is now in WNY doesn't get picked up then I guess I'm playing the wrong game. As I'm in this mood can someone from another state get the tag and move it within that state? Or is it just for residents of that particular state.?

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I've been out'a the tag game for a while. But I'm gonna do some soon. My new goal is to move the tag in whatever state or sub-state as far from it's current location as possible while riding in the direction I'm headed at the time.

My next trip will take me into the Carolinas from Arizona, so assume yur next tag is gonna be on yur east border somewhere. Unless I'm on the way home at the time. :D

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Why Split any State? If it's a large state then so be it. I thought the object of playing tag was to ride? Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake here but I rode 320 miles (+ or -) each way and had a great time riding along the St Lawrence Seaway. If my tag that is now in WNY doesn't get picked up then I guess I'm playing the wrong game. As I'm in this mood can someone from another state get the tag and move it within that state? Or is it just for residents of that particular state.?
Splitting a state offers more flexibility in keeping that game moving...

Anyone can move a tag.

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
George I just got into it but I don't like it. Actually I just didn't like the cliquishness of it.

i will check for tags in states I'm riding in and If I can get one or two I will, and then move them to places that are as far away from there as i can get it without changing my planned trip .

I have a friend in Co that plays and he has great fun at it.

OP
OP
Blrfl

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
George I just got into it but I don't like it. Actually I just didn't like the cliquishness of it.
Unless you're George, Mac or Curt, it's pretty hard for a local tag not to be frequented by the same group of people. Some tags require some regional knowledge, but it's not like people from other areas aren't welcome to grab the tag and move it.

--Mark

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I agree with Mark, I don't feel there is a cliquishness to it...

I do feel that some get into the game more than others and it may seem only the same people are playing it but that wouldn't stop me from doing a tag. Heck, that would just make the tag that much more fun :rofl1:

I can't do a lot of tagging myself simply because I'm o 24x7 support and can't go very far outside the DFW area so I can address work issues... so, if there isn't a tag between here and my destination during a vacation I probably won't play.

The whole intent of the game is just to ride and maybe see places in each state that you might not normally get to or explore otherwise.

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
>>Why not pick a blade of grass? the idea is to get fellow St riders to ride.
>>That water run could be any were from NJ to califorina.
>>Just what were you thinking?
>>Every 1 of my tags you could look up on e-net.
>>It's about the ride.

I quoted the previous response to my first tag. (by the way the next post is another guy stating that he found the location from my clues) If the purpose is to get people to ride and see places they normally wouldn't i'm all for it. But at least my impression is that it is indeed a Click. the PA thread apparently has themes. (Covered Bridges) That to an outsider is definitely not conducive to welcoming outsiders. These are my thoughts and impressions.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
>>Why not pick a blade of grass? the idea is to get fellow St riders to ride.
>>That water run could be any were from NJ to califorina.
>>Just what were you thinking?
>>Every 1 of my tags you could look up on e-net.
>>It's about the ride.

I quoted the previous response to my first tag. (by the way the next post is another guy stating that he found the location from my clues) If the purpose is to get people to ride and see places they normally wouldn't i'm all for it. But at least my impression is that it is indeed a Click. the PA thread apparently has themes. (Covered Bridges) That to an outsider is definitely not conducive to welcoming outsiders. These are my thoughts and impressions.
Sorry, I just don't see it... There are a few different points... one is the rules are fairly clear so no matter what tags are done in a thread ANYONE can tag whatever the current tag is and change it to a train or building or other landmark. I don't see where this is somehow not welcoming 'outsiders'.

Another point is the theme, that's not part of the rules so is some in a thread are doing that they are welcome to however, again, anyone can come along and move it elsewhere as long as the other rules are followed.

I can understand that it may look like a small group doing all the tagging within a certain state but that's just those that are fortunate to have the time and energy to focus on the game.

Top Bottom