ST 1300 Trike ?

Greetings, I see lots of Gold Wings turned into trikes. Has anyone ever seen or known of a ST 1300 being converted into a trike. If not, why not ? Thanks, Angus.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Greetings, I see lots of Gold Wings turned into trikes. Has anyone ever seen or known of a ST 1300 being converted into a trike. If not, why not ? Thanks, Angus.
Actually I think it has been done at least once. I know I have seen one with a sidecar.

The answer to why not should be obvious :D Actually the real question for any bike being made into a trike is why?

There may be reasons or explanations for that one, but none of them are valid :)

thats the voyager kit (training wheels ) there's a couple company doing that. Some of the trike companys do bikes w/ out reverse, so far haven't seen the ST but who knows 2011?????:confused:

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I'm not much of a trike person, but if you can't ride on two wheels for some reason (and a lot of people can't) it's a way to stay on the road. (The goofy reverse trikes on EBay are a different story.) Probably few ST trikes because when you loose the two wheeled handling, you might as well have the size and additional comfort of the Goldwing. I admire the (mainly) old guys who switch to a trike rather than give up riding. Breaking wind in the face of adversity...

Bike
2005 ST1300

This was at the 2015 Progressive MC show in Portland about 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
After i make my ST11300 into a trike I will attempt to convert a Lamborghini into a minivan

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
A-B-O-M-I-nation!

If I ever live long enough to need to switch to a 3-wheeler I'll be looking for a Can-Am Spyder so you can at least corner without worrying about tipping over at speed. I could never figure out how people could bring themselves to do that to a Goldwing.

YMMV. Just sayin'

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #

This was at the 2015 Progressive MC show in Portland about 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
EXACTLY! Sign me up! Looks like a good old Sabre cowl on there. Nice!

Last edited:
Bike
05 ST1300
Angus
Check out www.endeavortrikes.com Norm Kokes put two wheels forward on a st 1100 several years ago
and road it all over the country for some 30,000 miles, and has doe several other endeavors over the years.
He has gone public and will "trike" almost any Bike, I had him do a 2004 1800 wing for my wife so I can
ride my 05 ST 1300 solo. I just got it home yesterday, he did an outstanding job. If you email or call
tell him Tad From Kansas said HI. GofSTrtad

ETC

Thank you Tad I don't know which I enjoyed more. Building your trike or meeting you and Jan. I am anxious to get Duffy's done so I can come visit.
BTW I have just over 135,000 miles on my conversions.
The very first was a 97 ST1100 which I specifically chose due to it's sport layout. I like back roads which are mostly gravel around here so it was the right choice.
How did the trip go overall?

Bike
ST1100 1994
Photo0573.jpg

This is my Piaggio MP3 300cc. It is , in the UK, technically a tricycle car , so can be ridden on a car licence , without a helmet. My wife is going to learn to ride this. no bike licence needed. I feels like a bike to drive, except a lot more stable and safe. When at rest up to 3 mph, you can lock the front suspension , so it will sit at the lights feet-up, and park with no kick stand . Great for shopping etc, and even with a passenger, easy to drive and safe in the wet.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
There is about at least a third of my local GoldWing Chapter on trikes . The ones I've tried , during me tuning their CB antennas , seem to steer kinda heavy - have to force them to steer. They report lower mileage . One guy has a Voyager Kit hanging on his with springs that make him lean the opposite way than normal bikes and the bogey wheels lift off the pavement about 8 inches in turns and curves . (example : Turn left , bike leans right and left bogey wheel lifts up .) Seems like you have none of the advantages of a motorcycle but all of the disadvantages except falling over . at that point the idea of a convertible sounds better or an Outback with a sun roof . Oh , wait , I already have one of those. ( and it's dry inside , with bad weather traction )

ETC

If you ever get up to Minnesota please stop in and do a lengthy test ride. I am sure you will fine quite a few advantages to a trike designed totally around steering and handling. None of the hard steering related to a wheels back conversion. I welcome all ride comments especially critical comments as I am always working on improvements.

Bike
ST1100 1994
Honda are developing a GoldWing with the two front leaning struts like the Piaggio. yamaha are also working on a larger bike, about 800cc I think, with the same gear at front. The set up beats ALL other systems for stability, fast cornering and safety.

Top Bottom