Grasshopper Limited Driver's Backrest

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Got the Grasshopper back rest promptly in two days. The lady on the phone sold it to me for the price on Ebay even though the sale ended of few days earlier,$99 shipped. I put it right on, but I first bent the rest forward. I probably should not have done that, because it feel pretty cramped. The boys are a little tight. I may put it back. But the support for my back is wonderful. I need back support, and it is great! It is by far my best farkle.
Ron

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I put the backrest on last fall / winter and didn't really have a change to try it on the open road. It felt a little cramped to the gas tank when I first put it on and took it out for short rides. Monday I had a good ride on the open road and must say I LOVED IT. I have a weak lower back and that was wonderful! That's a must have farkel for weak backs.
Ron

Bike
2006 ST1300
I put the backrest on last fall / winter and didn't really have a change to try it on the open road. It felt a little cramped to the gas tank when I first put it on and took it out for short rides. Monday I had a good ride on the open road and must say I LOVED IT. I have a weak lower back and that was wonderful! That's a must have farkel for weak backs.
Ron
Ron how close to 6'1" are you. I'm thinking of getting one of those but just wonder if it might push me too far forward.
Thx Lee

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Lee, I am 5'10", but I don't think inseam has anything to do with how it fits. I have a stock seat that was modified along the way. At first I though the seat threw more forward and was tight on the boys. After I rode it for a short while it fits great. What I think affects how it fits is excessive weight. There is only so much room there. Reading again some of the old posts, if you are concerned, you could ask to have the rest set back a little more. However it does come out of the passenger space. They are a very good company to work with.
Ron

Bike
ST1300
I bought the passenger backrest, via eBay, for $90 with free shipping. It was shipped very quickly and I am very happy with the look and the fit!
I second Brad's comments above. I got the rider backrest off eBay about two weeks ago and have tried it out on my 45 mile commute a couple of times. It's not too noticable when sitting in a regular position, but flip out the highway baldes and lean back a little - ahhh just right. I'm 5'-10" and 180 lbs. Stock seat with an Airhawk.
I like how you can easily remove it if desired and pop it in place quickly. I was suprised how firm it is being mounted to the seat pan, it is more rigid than what I imagined it would be. Just what I was after, two thumbs up!

Bike
st 1300 2006
did the modification works well for you= i have a riser but still have shorter harms...

Bike
2008 ST1300a
Initially I thought the backrest was an improvement. My wife especially liked the backrest in front of her. She no longer needed to hold onto the side rails. Then I removed the seat and noticed the damage from the sharp edge of the backrest bracket. IMAG0640.jpg

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Initially I thought the backrest was an improvement. My wife especially liked the backrest in front of her. She no longer needed to hold onto the side rails. Then I removed the seat and noticed the damage from the sharp edge of the backrest bracket.
How long did this take to happen? And I wonder if you could put a couple of pieces of fabric in between to prevent this.

Top Bottom