Help! Cold Start--No Idle, Stalling

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
If the FI light comes on even periodically, the problem is likely a plugged up 5-way T connected to the MAP sensor. Remove the airbox, find this fitting in the middle of the throttle bodies, and clean it out with a pipe cleaner. Balance starter valves and tighten some hose clamps while your in there and all should be good!

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I hd similar problems. I suspected a plug in the vacuum lines, so I tried to increase the vacuum by doing some high-speed decelerations (70 mph, 2nd gear, close throttle). Also had Marvel's Mystery Oil in the gas. Anyway, seemed to clear.

I'm having the same problem too, posted this on the st1100/1300 facebook page this morning and the Honda pan euro UK facebook page....

Morning everyone, I have a question, I started my ST1300 this morning to warm up and it kept revving as if I was twisting the throttle. And then stalled, so i started it again and the same happened. Any ideas what it could be? In the end I had to get on and keep the on revving the engine, especially when stationary, i.e at traffic lights.
On Friday I put some super unleaded in the tank, could this be the problem?
Thanks
Mike.
My 2006 St runs like crap when cold as well, runs great when warm, higher Octane fuel did not help mine.

All of a sudden, my 2004 ST1300 doesn't idle and stalls out before the engine temp reaches 3 bars. It starts up fine and idles for about a minute, then chokes out quickly.

When I start to ride, have to keep the throttle twisted to keep the revs above 1000 or I stall out at stop signs and lights. Once the bike warms up, it seems like it idles fine and doesn't stall.

I live in So Cal so it's never really "cold" when I start it, maybe in the low 60s.

I don't know if there's any relationship here, but I started noticing this issue after adjusting my counter balancers.

Any ideas?

Mandel.
Mine is acting the same way, pulled the air cleaner out , stripped down to the throttle body, took off hoses from SE thermal wax valve, used compressed air blew them out all no dirt just clean antifreeze.
Cleaned around the cold valve linkages, no luck yet any suggestions thank you?

Top Bottom