BMW F800 ST

OP
OP
ST13Fred

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
I most appreciated the engine. It sounds great! I mean to say it sounds right, if that makes any sense. it is due to the high compression ratio. Lower compression engines seem/sound lazy to me, not snappy.

:shrug2:
You're spot on........the power and efficiency of the engine is what caught my interest. I describe the engine as angry. It fires one piston every 2 strokes of the crank, so it is a 'thumper', in effect. And with that, has a nice character to it, while being smooth thru the bars and pegs.

:04biker::)

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
For some of the naysayers, the fact that TPadden journeyed to Big Bend and back show that it is a good touring motorcycle.
:)
I beg to differ on this. Using Padden as a benchmark for long distance comfort and capability of a motorcycle is a disservice. He's a friggin' robot! He doesn't even dangle his feet or hands to give them a break in 600 miles. DAMHIKT! :D

Bike
2008 BMW F800ST
sure I m gonna sound boring....but I m a new owner of 2008 f800st and sure you have passed this kind of questions
.. I have bought the bike with the lower seat and it pretty good for my length..but it is not comfortable at all..any recommendations
(bought it 2 weeks ago and done around 1300 km)

Last edited:

TPadden

Tom Padden
sure I m gonna sound boring....but I m a new owner of 2008 f800st and sure you have passed this kind of questions plz forgive me.....I have bought the bike with the lower seat and it pretty good for my length..but it is not comfortable at all..any recommendations (bought it 2 weeks ago and done around 1300 km)
http://f800riders.org/ is the place you should go for answers; but you'll have to describe your discomfort in a little more detail. A Sargent seat was the only change I made - the riding position, and bike was comfortable for all day rides for me.

Tom

Bike
2008 BMW F800ST
I wish this pic shows the seat on my bike.., the seat is fine at the start and the slow riding but when I accelerate my body leans and pushed forward and my butt is no more stayed on the seat, the inner sides of my upper legs carries most of weight and my arms and shoulders feel a lot of load ... my palms too, I even find it hard to signal especially on the right side. I m not sure if the sliding part of the seat causing this.
I wish have explained it correctly and understandable, I do not know much about seat types for f8oost. but I looked it over

Attachments

Last edited:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Maybe you need to relax, I know that is hard to do when you first get a bike but I think that is probably going to make a bigger difference than all the custom seats and bar risers you can buy. I never rode a F800ST but I have ridden the F800GS and the F700GS and I agree that both of those seats would benefit from more padding but I found them to be comfortable to ride.

Gerhard

Bike
2008 BMW F800ST
I have checked www.Sargentcycle.Com and I found out that the seat was designed to adjust the rider exactly like the way I described. Need to relax sound like a good idea and more time to adapt as well.

Bike
2008 BMW F800ST
Merry christmas everybody and Happy new year.
a simple question for anyone have replaced spark plugs on 2008 F800ST; do I have to remove the screw nut on top of the spark plug or keep it?
I ask because I have bought the "Ngk-DCPR8E " online..checked it when arrived.. the terminal nut is not removeable.now...I need to know if it will fit OK or shall return it!!
thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
ST13Fred

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
I sold my 2010 a few years ago.
The plug would need to be configured as the OEM units. If they have no cap (screw nut) then I would say would not accommodate the plug with the non removable cap.
I remember my demo ride and the bike definitely had a sport bike riding position. Rox risers and lowered pegs along with a Parabellum tall clear shield made my ride very comfortable.
My OEM standard seat was comfortable but admit I never ran any long days in the saddle.

Top Bottom