Votes: 3 4.0%
  • EXTERNAL: I have an FCE w/issues but they ended up being something else

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • OUTSTANDING: I have an FCE w/issues

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • REPLACED: I had an FCE w/issues and it was replaced, still have issues

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
I just picked up my bike with Ivan's new fuel cut eliminator for the ST. Throttle response is flawless. I put 210 miles on the bike today under various riding conditions from high speed riding to traffic jams.

The throttle now seems more like a rheostat connected to a electric motor than a throttle. Response is instantaneous, linear, and smooth. I now know what the Honda engineers were intending when the built the ST drive train. I always thought ST engine was always smooth and I did not think it could be smoother, but now it is. When I tried to identify the transition from full throttle close by rolling the throttle off and on I could not identify the transition - totally seamless at any RPM or any gear. Also when doing a cold start the engine immediately jumps to the warm up RPM - no variation or lumpiness - its like the tach needle is glued to tach face. Also after warm up the same thing. - Now there is no need to feather the clutch when making tight u-turns, - and I able to take slow speed turns on a washboard road without any sensitive throttle jerkiness from the bumps in the road.

Another benefit is improved mileage - about 2 miles/gallon improvement on the first tank measured by the gas put at the station. This might be the result of putting the stock pressure regulator on the bike. I had the had the Turbo Tom Fuel Pressure Regulator but Ivan put stock pressure regulator back on and tuned the bike with everything stock.

The bike also seems to run cooler since I did not feel the normal heat out of the engine ducts. However since the temperature varied between 45 and 52 degrees today, I need to see what happens on a warmer day before I am sure about the impact of the FCE on engine heat.

My bike has been a development test mule all winter, but it was well worth the wait. Ivan expects to have the units ready for sale within a month.

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
Re: Fuel Cut Eliminator for ST - On-Off Throttle Issue Resolved

Is this going to be a plug-and-play device, or will the bike need to be tuned? Your bike was tuned as you say, but that could also be a necessity for the development of course.

You sum up a good amount of significant improvements! If it turns out like that on each ST that gets the device plugged in, I can imagine Ivan selling quite a bunch of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #

Previous thread: CLICKY

I'm not going to merge the two because the old one went off on a tangent.

--Mark

OP
OP

The Fuel Cut Eliminator is plug-and-play into the ECU - Similar to Ivan's other products.

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #

Mark it's the same thread :p:

OP
OP

No change in power. About 114 horsepower, and 84 foot pounds of torque.

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT

Sounds like you got a winner there and hope this product makes the final cut and becomes available, probably have a long list of ST 1300 owners chomping at the bit with cash in hand !

:slv13: MIKE

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #

Any idea on cost? Ball park?

OP
OP

Ivan expects the FCE price to be less than $150. Installation will require cutting and adding terminals to a number of ECU wires. Once the terminals are in place, the unit can be plugged in or removed with the wires reconnected.

STOC #

So is Ivan doing the FCE for the ST 1300?? I went to his web site and the ST was listed but the link had no info..
I'm gonna be up NY way this summer and I would REALLY like to get this gizmo.. I have the TT FPR, G2 and tightend up throttle cables.. I STILL get the snatch when comming on the throttle in a corner....
Rode the 2010 C14 and the Z1000 at Bikeweek and both have sweet throttles.... Healed over in a corner you can dial in the power you want seamlessly... The New C14, for my money is what the ST should have been. Not perfect but it's got all the stuff that might make me change in a few years....

mitch

STOC #

Hi,
Just talked to Gina at Ivan's shop. The FCE should be ready to go sometime this week. I'll give them a call and pick one up when it's ready. If this thing works, they will sell a ton of 'em..

Thanks Dean for the link.I don't know why when I did it, it came up blank...

mitch

STDaveNW

Dave
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #

Looks interesting. Not sure I'm into cutting & modding the ECU wires while the ST is under warranty.

Something tells me the minute the owner does that, Honda will have a really good reason to deny submitted warranty claims.
+1
I would perfer more of a plug and play without cutting ECU wires.:eek:

Bike
ST1300A

If Ivan can produce a Plug 'n' Play FCE and keep the price around $150 I'd buy one in a heart beat! I have the TT fuel pressure regulator (58 psi), the G2 throttle modification as well as the throttle cables adjusted with little play and the ST still is jerky to throttle responses in first gear.

If Ivan can produce a Plug 'n' Play FCE and keep the price around $150 I'd buy one in a heart beat!
Me too. I'd also want large bold warnings about the need, if any, to disconnect the battery before messing with the ecu or any other electrically ignorant gotchas. I'm concerned about access to the wires that need cut and terminals added. My hands are large and not as dexterous nowadays. Pictures of the install would be nice.

Since this would be quite an improvement I'd pay someone relaible with teeny hands to do the install if I thought access was too tight for tightwad me.

Last edited:

Byron

STOC #

From the ST1300 info page:

"Since 99% of ST1300 owners will leave their bike stock, I have no plans to test and develop any type of tuning program for use with aftermarket performance parts."

So those of us that want to get the most out of the bike are apparently being left out in the cold or forced to revert to stock configuration. So no money out of my pocket headed his way.

Guess that makes me a 1%er. :)

Bike
2006 ST1300

Sounds like we might need a poll, as I to seem to be in the 1% catagory. We farkle therefore we are.

Top Bottom