North America "WILD CARD" TAG

Just out of curiosity - is the roller coaster you posted the Kemah Boardwalk Bullet? It looks very much like that one, except I can't tell for sure from your photo if it's a wooden structure.
That's correct Don.. it's the Boardwalk Bullet

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Since the "new" tag is not an actual bison, does the next tag grab need to be a statue of a bison, or is any reasonable depiction of a bison fair game?

Grab Bison: Bubba's is the home of the buffalo burger in Houston. S

New: Historic cemetery
Grab - historic cemetery - we get extra points because this cemetery (last resting place for a famous Houston family) is in the parking lot of an auto repair shop, at the corner of a very busy street (Long Point and Pech)

http://historichouston1836.com/hillendahl-cemetery/

cem.jpg

New: Sign for a restaurant that does not physically exist (was a wildly popular Mexican restaurant in Houston)

rest.jpg

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
That was too easy. I knew the historic cemetery would be an easy grab since no one has to go far to find one. The Alief cemetery is less than half the distance from my house as the one that I posted. The restaurant sign where there is no longer a building may be more challenging. Is the one that you posted along the Katy freeway in West Houston?

That was too easy. I knew the historic cemetery would be an easy grab since no one has to go far to find one. The Alief cemetery is less than half the distance from my house as the one that I posted. The restaurant sign where there is no longer a building may be more challenging. Is the one that you posted along the Katy freeway in West Houston?
That's correct, Don - it's a block west of Voss - i used to eat there every now and then. I had not intended to grab that until the moment i exited Voss on the way to work this AM.

I also wanted to grab "Blue Light" Cemetery, but thought the Hillendahl cemetery to be more colorful.

I can think of another restaurant (has been around a looooong time) sign that exists, but the building does not (well, at least the last time i rode by it)

Last edited:
Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Re: North America "WILD CARD" TAG

Couldn't find much on this, as long as I can remember there have been no buildings standing on this site. I building I nbn the hill used to be an auto shop. In the other picks you can see the remnants of a building thays been gone at least since the lates 80s(first time I can remember seeing the sign. . .just guessing it was a restaurant. Let me know. If you think this qualifies or not?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If it does, then the new tag will be a country store that's been open since or before 1900. This is the Orlean Market, which has been in operation since 1870. . . Sorry i only have one pic, but here is a web link for more detailed info. . http://www.orleanmarket.com

Last edited:

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #

Let me know. If you think this qualifies or not?
Oooohhhhh.... so close! It would have counted had you been riding a Red ST!!!

I am far from being any "power that be", but as Mellow has said many times... it is about the ride and you made the ride.

I had just picked up this tag yesterday too. I found a scraped pad of a restaurant that burned down. However, the sign was only a frame and didn't have any restaurant reference. I think you nailed it!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Works for me... whew, that was a tough one..

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Works for me... whew, that was a tough one..
It may be tough just to match it: "...country store that's been open since before 1900."
There can't be a lot of stores left in North America that can live up to that claim.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #

It may be tough just to match it: "...country store that's been open since before 1900."
There can't be a lot of stores left in North America that can live up to that claim.
I think any physical store in operation since or before 1900 would qualify. . . .not sure if that helps or not?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is in Lockhart, Texas. . . .

Last edited:
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
Old: Pre-1900, Davenport, WA. Bldg has had several facelifts.

3AE5F662-F592-44DE-BF21-5BF4CF7C115F.jpg

New: Phone Booth

6337FA11-AD55-4FC2-83FA-67A05E2D72B0.jpg

Top Bottom