North America "WILD CARD" TAG

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Sidebar: It would be aggravating to see, for example, the above horse pic, head out to find one, come home ready to post it and the next landmark, and see that someone has beat me to it, and have to head out again to match the next poster's new landmark.

Now, imagine that happening again . . . and again. :eek:

Sidebar: It would be aggravating to see, for example, the above horse pic, head out to find one, come home ready to post it and the next landmark, and see that someone has beat me to it, and have to head out again to match the next poster's new landmark.

Now, imagine that happening again . . . and again.
My old age may be at work on my confusion - are you stating you went out to get the charging station, then post some new tag? (cause I dont see anyone got a horse yet).

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
My old age may be at work on my confusion - are you stating you went out to get the charging station, then post some new tag? (cause I dont see anyone got a horse yet).
No, I'm not riding today.

Let's suppose I saw the live horse in the last challenge, hopped on my bike and found one, then rode home to post my horse pic, only to find that someone beat me to it and posted their horse pic, and then posted a pic of, say, a waterfall.

That means I have to get back on the bike, find a waterfall, take another pic, and hope I get back home in time to post my waterfall pic (as well as my new challenge pic) before someone posts their waterfall pic. Imagine I didn't make it again.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
No, I'm not riding today.

Let's suppose I saw the live horse in the last challenge, hopped on my bike and found one, then rode home to post my horse pic, only to find that someone beat me to it and posted their horse pic, and then posted a pic of, say, a waterfall.

That means I have to get back on the bike, find a waterfall, take another pic, and hope I get back home in time to post my waterfall pic (as well as my new challenge pic) before someone posts their waterfall pic. Imagine I didn't make it again.
To avoid that in this modern connected world you need a smart phone with a data plan. You can take the old tag picture, ride to the new location and take the new tag picture, log in to ST-O to post and upload your tag pictures all without even getting off your bike. If you need to ride home before doing so you may well be to late if it is a popular tag game.

Ahhhhhh ... "We ride to get the old and new tags, go home, download images / edit / etc, then post and upload at home".

Got it now (thanks Andrew) ... though it took me a while to understand :)

I ride, take the snapshot, and post it immediately on-site.

Last edited:
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Being “Bruced” seems to be part of these games. Using a smart phone and posting immediately after taking the photo does really make a difference, particularly on the fast games that are played by many people. I have been Bruced many times even with that. Harder tags make that less likely but you read the discussion earlier about that. It is a riding game after all and at least you are out riding. An alternative to a smart phone would be some type of tablet and then finding a WiFi site to upload the photos, think McDonalds. Keep playing and you will get to see places and things you would not of otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom