Article [13] ST1300 - Maintenance Lid Removal

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Here are some pics:

If you have the Fairing Deflectors it looks like this, left arrow to the access panel and right arrow to the Maintenance Lid:

Take a small object like a screwdriver and push the center of the push-pin in and you'll feel it 'pop'.

Then, pull the push-pin out

If you don't have the fairing deflectors, this is similar to what it will look like:

Pull the bottom of the access panel outward, if you don't do this and try to pull from above, you'll break off a tab:

Now, pull down on the access panel and it will come away from the fairing:

Now, put your fingers in the slot on the rearward part of the Maint Lid and pull outward. It's a very tight fit, some bikes not as tight.
You may have to wiggle it a little but you should feel it give just a little, there is a rubber grommet there that you are pulling away from the pin

Now, you and start pushing the Maint Lid towards the front of the bike, sometimes it doesn't take much effort and sometimes you need to pull from the front part of the Lid

Below, with the Maint Lid removed, you can see the attachment points so the next time it will be easier to visualize:

Tgrommet.
Thanks for the help. Did this yesterday, 1st oil change. New 2016 ST1300PA.

Attachments

Bike
2006 ST1300 basic bl
DO NOT WAIT until you lose a cover or even worse a deflector - VERY expensive. This is a very easy fix, NO cutting, gluing, sanding, painting, or electronics required. Slide on the clip nut/speed nut/Tinnerman nut and install the cover and deflector, then the screw. Even if your mechanical expertise is limited to doorknobs and can openers you can do this. The "hard part" is getting the two clip nuts and two screws - info on that in the link above. A local bike shop gave me both parts, no charge. I did change out the Phillips head for a fillister hex head screw.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BpiZLkgFtTS4Sc7A9

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Next on my list of modifications. Especially on the road, more likely to have a screw driver in the saddle bag at all times.

Top Bottom