ST1300 Wind deflector kit installation

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I just ordered the air deflector kit
Please- pics if possible and definitely a review of your install experience. I'm this -><-close to ordering the Mirror kit first. I should've busted a move during the summer.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
SupraSabre said:
Also, it wouldn't hurt if you warm them up with a heat gun before installing!
I'll probably use a hair dryer. Less heat and more asbestos!

Bike
ST1300
Well, I am pretty sure I missed the summer heat and I don't have a heat gun. I hope my wife's hair dryer does the trick. While I am waiting for the order, I will probably pick up some heavy duty double sided tape, 3m. I just don't know what width I would use.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Ok that front tip over guard (chromed steel loop) fastens at the bottom to the lower frame. What does the top attachment point bolt to? The engine? Is there some special bracket inside the fairing that goes to the upper frame?

Nice looking bike, btw. I'd just be careful parking the ST so close to the other bike. it might catch something.....:bow1:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
KneeDrachen said:
Main lower air deflector puts out 100 watts of wails and yelps :p
LOL! I thought about putting on a 200W box and speaker for the air horn. :toot1: 300W with the air deflectors? :eek:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I think I must have missed this thread because of my filter settings, but found it in a site search.

I am thinking about adding the deflectors and want confirmation that the mirror kit is separate pieces for the dashboard and the mirror housing, so that removal / re-installation of the mirror housing is not affected? (I posted basically the same question in another thread on these deflectors before running across this one. If answered there, no need to duplicate here.)

Bike
05 ST 1300 A
STOC #
Mellow:
I am at my wits end trying to source a source a set of rear fender valances for my 05 ST1300.. Don't know if you have ever seen these but several yrs ago I saw a pic of a European or GB bike with these. They fill in some of the area when the bags are off and look real good...turns the ST into a sportbike.
I also posted a query in "Wanted" but thought I would ping you also.
Thanks,
Dick T

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Mellow:
I am at my wits end trying to source a source a set of rear fender valances for my 05 ST1300.. Don't know if you have ever seen these but several yrs ago I saw a pic of a European or GB bike with these. They fill in some of the area when the bags are off and look real good...turns the ST into a sportbike.
I also posted a query in "Wanted" but thought I would ping you also.
Thanks,
Dick T
You're probably out of luck there. I don't think they were ever popular enough to warrant any mass production. You can try a wanted post, you might get lucky.
Never mind, I see you have.

Bike
05 ST 1300 A
STOC #
Those push pins are trash.Lost my left cowl and deflector lid today. Ordering up the lid is OK but I am afraid the deflectors of course only come as a complete set and I only need the left lid cover piece.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Those push pins are trash.Lost my left cowl and deflector lid today. Ordering up the lid is OK but I am afraid the deflectors of course only come as a complete set and I only need the left lid cover piece.
No, you don't have to order a complete set.... Just pick on any of the ST1300P and go to lower cowl. You can get any piece you want! For the mirror deflectors, that's a different story...I haven't found them yet.:think1:

Top Bottom