Park n' Move - GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Bike
'06 non-ABS
STOC #
I just recently ordered one of these to solve some storage issues I have with my ST. What a letdown. Unmentioned anywhere on the site is the fact that you really need a polished/fully finished floor for this thing to work correctly. My floor is concrete, and while not billiard table smooth it is far from being rough or so I thought. I've almost tipped the bike over twice now, it seems the wheels get caught on the smallest imperfection in the floor or small pebble. The worst part of this is that included with the item is a printed info sheet with instructions AND their return policy. They'll take it back if I pay the freight and absorb a 15% restocking charge, which I am quite willing to do. Problem is they WILL NOT RESPOND to my emails. I guess they are just hoping I will go away now that they have my money. Lesson learned, buyer beware. It's gonna make a nice (albeit pricey) boat anchor.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Can you fit casters with larger wheels onto it? Might make it a tad harder to get on the center stand but in doing so would probably make it usable.

Just a thought...

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
Pop off the casters, add a washer or two between the caster bolt and metal body on the Park'n Move, and "Bob's your Uncle!" You're good to roll...

Bike
'05 ST1300
Received my Park n' Move today. I was a little apprehensive after reading this thread, but the Park n' Move works OK on my level, smooth (but not sealed) concrete garage floor. I started by using a leaf blower to clean out a couple of weeks worth of small yard debris. I agree with you that a little pebble could lock-up a wheel. Bottom line, it's not as effortless as their web site video showed, but it does reduce the effort it takes to get the beaST where I want her.

rbs

Bike
08 ST
STOC #
Received my Park n' Move today. I was a little apprehensive after reading this thread, but the Park n' Move works OK on my level, smooth (but not sealed) concrete garage floor. I started by using a leaf blower to clean out a couple of weeks worth of small yard debris. I agree with you that a little pebble could lock-up a wheel. Bottom line, it's not as effortless as their web site video showed, but it does reduce the effort it takes to get the beaST where I want her.
+1 and I have to first put the bike up on 1/2 inch strips of wood to get it up on the stand. However as said above, it still helps.

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
499!!! it might be cheeper to just drop the bike on its side and drag it around the garage
Just take the tipover covers off and wrap the bars with rubber and let her drop! :eek:

I have one of those park n' moves too but won't say anything bad about it until I sell it. lol I'm just kidding!

I had to make sure my garage floor was clean though. It will get stuck on a piece of dust. :(

STOC #
Pop off the casters, add a washer or two between the caster bolt and metal body on the Park'n Move, and "Bob's your Uncle!" You're good to roll...

I'm not following. How does adding a washer reduce the susceptibility for a caster wheel to halt on a tiny pebble? Or is it to provide more clearance for a larger caster?

Bike
'05 ST1300
Here's an update on my Park-and-Move. After about 5 months of use, the outer portion of the wheels began to 'chunk' off, making the whole thing useless. The core of the wheels were fine, as were the bearings. It was just the outer polyurethane material that broke down. It took a few weeks of calling and emailing, but eventually I contacted the manufacturer who acknowledged he got a bad lot of wheels. He shipped four new wheels to me...without charge of course. I'm hoping these new ones last a few years at least. IMHO, anybody can get a bad lot of material from a vendor, and LegalSpeeding did stand behind their product...though it took some persistence to contact them. The thing works pretty well when it has good tires on it...kinda like the ST :D
If these new wheels break down, I'll check out the Grainger catalog. Looks like # 2LE95 @ $12.60 each are a close physical match but a different manufacturer. I'll update this thread in a few months, or sooner as new info comes in.

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
After about 5 months of use, the outer portion of the wheels began to 'chunk' off, making the whole thing useless. The core of the wheels were fine, as were the bearings. It was just the outer polyurethane material that broke down. It took a few weeks of calling and emailing, but eventually I contacted the manufacturer who acknowledged he got a bad lot of wheels. He shipped four new wheels to me...without charge of course. I'm hoping these new ones last a few years at least.

I had the same experience -- 2 of the rubber wheels simply self-destructed. They sent (at no cost to me) a complete set of four new wheels. Couldn't be happier...

And in response to Paul's question, it is possible (though with considerable effort -- see the manual here) to remove the caster(s) altogether, place a washer or washers on top of the bolt that screws into the steel plate (or cradle) and thereby raise the base incrementally. This does (as I discovered), however, make it a bit more difficult to get the ST up on the center stand while in the cradle of the Park-n-Move.

After a year, all things considered, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom