FL-Western: Tag

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Shuey - Thanks for the offer but I didn't know when/if I would get by to move this tag this weekend. Hope this is still considered the "Western" Florida tag but here goes.

BTW - The road this was on was the best ride of the weekend so far - thanks!
Good job. Western FL Tag (see rglgatortail's Post #1) is from Rt 319 (Tallahassee) West to Alabama. I think you're good.

Glad you enjoyed the ride, I go that way quite often just for the fun.

New tag . . . interesting . . . and yummy too maybe!

Shuey

TPadden

Tom Padden
New tag . . . interesting . . . and yummy too maybe!

Shuey
Dammit Shuey - everytime I think maybe I'll play the game - the rules change. One of my few prime directives is to never go anywhere I might run into a yummy. "There are no options. The Prime Directive is not a matter of degrees. It is an absolute. " ;)............... :eek::

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
. . . maybe it's not 'yummy,' I haven't had anything there, yet. You could always go when they're closed, then the 'Prime Directive' wouldn't be violated at all. There's always options.

Besides, it's not my tag!

Shuey
(Sent from Ft Myers Beach)

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Open 0700-1400 7 days a week - if you haven't been - try the works omelet or if you want to eat healthier - the Fruit, Yogurt & Muffin although I'm not sure the chocolate chip cappachino (sp?) muffin is healthy but dang it's good! Enjoy! :)

TPadden

Tom Padden
. . . maybe it's not 'yummy,' I haven't had anything there, yet. You could always go when they're closed, then the 'Prime Directive' wouldn't be violated at all. There's always options.

Shuey
(Sent from Ft Myers Beach)
I really hate to ride distances so I'll wait until the next planet survey gives Weeki Wachee it's own Florida tag region :D.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I resisted going in to try the food, heading on down to Mexico Beach instead for lunch. Nice location - had to work a little to find it in Panama City Beach after looking all around Destin where I JUST KNEW it was! Good job Jeff.

New one shouldn't be tough at all and if you don't know the area be sure to take Rock Creek Road either on the way there or after leaving there. You'll like it.

Shuey

PS: Food there is REALLY Y U M M Y . . . Tom!

Attachments

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
You missed a good meal there Shuey but it looks it was worth wait! We rode through Mexico Beach on the way to Apalachicola but didn't stop anywhere.

Enjoyed playing FL Tag with you guys -doubt I'll get the opportunity again anytime soon!

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
You missed a good meal there Shuey but it looks it was worth wait! We rode through Mexico Beach on the way to Apalachicola but didn't stop anywhere.

Enjoyed playing FL Tag with you guys -doubt I'll get the opportunity again anytime soon!
Well . . . I'll run down there another time just for breakfast - it's not that far for me.

Hope to catch up with you sometime, maybe as I pass through heading West or returning home.

Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
FL-Western: Tag (2011)

With everyone up North bemoaning inadequate riding weather, it seemed criminal to have another . . . boring . . . horizon-to-horizon blue sky day that went into the 70s and not ride.

So, this tag has sat long enough, maybe tying it in to my favorite "local" BBQ will bring someone out, and . . . let me know when you're going and maybe I can join you! :)

Shuey

Attachments

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Wow, even puts the web site in the picture. Even I can find that one. Seriously doubt that I come get it, but nice tag Shuey.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Sometimes it's about the food . . . it's always about the ride! :)

4C BBQ sauce is my current favorite and you can order it online. They make it all from scratch right there in that shack! Of course, it's their great brisket that compliments the sauce. Not much brisket offered here in the pan-handle.

Shuey

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Shuey - This place is great! Good food & good people. I'll be swinging by here again in the future when I'm over that way.

IMAG0043.resized.jpgIMAG0045.resized.jpg
Old: New:

IMAG0044.resized.jpg
Oh and the Key Lime Pie was out of this world! BTW Shuey I'll be over in PCB next week so if you are out and about let me know.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Good job Jeff, glad you enjoyed the stop. When I head to Texas in December each year for LD Dave's BBQ run, I take 4C BBQ sauce with me. Never had to bring any back home with me yet!

I'm sure the pie is great, but I never had any. I'm always so stuffed with pork or brisket that I never have room for desert. Maybe . . . next time.

Wish I could link up with you in PCB, but I'll be arriving home from Savannah on Sunday and departing Tue or Wed for Knoxville for some bike work then on to Mass. for the Minuteman 1000 Rally. Following weekend is MD for the MasonDixon 2020 Rally then home for a couple of nights before heading West on 3 Jun through some Western states and Seattle. IBR follows, then home by mid-July. See ya then?

Shuey

PS: Want to head West for a bit?

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Wow Shuey wish I could - I only dream about being able to spend that much time riding - got a few more years til retirement yet! Crap didn't think about buying some sauce...next time! :)

rglgatortail - Glad I could be of assistance. Thought there would have been a nice scenic overlook for a pic when I got off I-10 at the east end of the Pensacola Bay bridge and headed north but nada so UWF was my fall-back plan. First time to drive through - what a big nice campus that is - gotta be a cool place to go to school.

Top Bottom