FL-Western: Tag

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Normally that would be true but this week I'm in PCB on vacation so lunch one day will be back up at 4CBBQ for sure and I'll get a bottle to take home.

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I have read all of the Tag posts in Northern FL, Central FL, and Western FL Tag threads, the lines between sections seem to be:

Northern - SR 40 and North
Central - SR40 and SR 70
Southern - SR 70 and South to Key West

For the life of me, I cannot figure where the "Western" boundry might be between Northern and Western, or why there even is one. With the above lines, (already delineated from previous posts/discussions), all three sections are fairly equal in size. I'll leave it up to you Northern/Western people to decide where that boundry is, or if there should even be one.

I have started a new FL: Southern Tag at a very easy location. I'm kind of surprised nobody got it on this beautiful weekend.

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300 09 XR650L
STOC #
I have read all of the Tag posts in Northern FL, Central FL, and Western FL Tag threads, the lines between sections seem to be:

Northern - SR 40 and North
Central - SR40 and SR 70
Southern - SR 70 and South to Key West

For the life of me, I cannot figure where the "Western" boundry might be between Northern and Western, or why there even is one. With the above lines, (already delineated from previous posts/discussions), all three sections are fairly equal in size. I'll leave it up to you Northern/Western people to decide where that boundry is, or if there should even be one.

I have started a new FL: Southern Tag at a very easy location. I'm kind of surprised nobody got it on this beautiful weekend.
Bill, see the first post on this thread. The North Fla/West Fla deviding line is 319 near Tallahassee. Glad to see you got a south florida one going. I'll have to get down ther over the winter and see if I can move it around some.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
. . . or why there even is one. With the above lines, (already delineated from previous posts/discussions), all three sections are fairly equal in size. I'll leave it up to you Northern/Western people to decide where that boundry is, or if there should even be one.
Bill, how many tags do you think current players would go after if every other one was moved to the Pensacola area . . . that's not a day ride for most of the current players in the North and Central areas. The main reason for it's creation I think was to maybe encourage some of the Western FL riders to join in. Hopefully it'll grow in the near future.

Shuey

PS: Now, (palms itching) about this new Southern area . . . I can hardly wait to get down there.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Shuey, how many miles do you have on that new bike? Is it the 2010? Did you ever replace your mirror that you broke? Did you return the mirror that you borrowed from that one rider? Have a great riding day.
Wow, that's a lot of questions Robert. In order: 31,000 and change (it's been a slow year), it IS a 2010 non-ABS (it was the only ST the dealer had when I needed it), mirror was replaced and the loaned one returned with much gratitude and a gift.

Hope the holidays have brought you a job you enjoy, and if not, that one will open for you soon. Safe riding,

Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I delayed to get a good "new" tag and time slipped away from me, but . . . I still didn't get "Bruced!" Happy days.

Let's see if this will draw anyone in.

Shuey

Attachments

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well, this tag is right off the Interstate. I wonder what the record is for how long a tag has sat in one place?

Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Hmm . . . do I need a clue . . . maybe . . . NOT!

If no one else beats me to it, I'll be there within the next 2-3 weeks to get a new pic of the magnificent view from the highest point in Florida! ;)

Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Really? Fowl I say, Fowl!

You can't just repost the pic from the past (see Post #7).

You're half way there Robert; and you can even reuse the Navy plane at the high school if you want, just . . . go there again and snap a new pic, OR find a new spot. Your choice.

Shuey

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300 09 XR650L
STOC #
Really? Fowl I say, Fowl!

You can't just repost the pic from the past (see Post #7).

You're half way there Robert; and you can even reuse the Navy plane at the high school if you want, just . . . go there again and snap a new pic, OR find a new spot. Your choice.

Shuey
I agree, no reusing of Photos. I found the welcome to florida sign in Paxton FL on google maps but it looks like the water tower is gone maybe. Can anyone confirm?

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
I agree, no reusing of Photos. I found the welcome to florida sign in Paxton FL on google maps but it looks like the water tower is gone maybe. Can anyone confirm?
If the tower is gone just use the sign! The location is the tag, the water tower gives the location.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
It appears rglgatortail messed up and the tag is still the watertower/sign. So it's been moved by me again per the time limit rule (from thread sticky: 8 - New Rule - After 6 months, the tag can be moved by anyone.). Old tag was Paxton Fl. New tag is at the Pensacola airport entrance.

Attachments

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
I'm not going to make it to Pensacola on this trip, so by Rule 8 here's the new tag.

Not a great picture, so here's the info: TJ's Tavern in West Bay, FL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom