How About A Motorcycle Air-conditioning System

Bike
2003 ST1300A3
This is an interesting gadget !!!!

Letting a device do all the work of cooling you down on a hot summer day..

Heavy duty level of air-conditioning man... but i have not tried it yet :D

http://entrosys.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnEibndWyQU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmi58mnlWQ0&feature=related

Here's another
http://hogcooler.com/hog-cooler-vest-system.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZtMk3sGwA&feature=related

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
The hog cooler should work, as long as you keep ice in it. And the price seems reasonable.

The first device I have my doubts about. It says it's solid state, which probably means a Peltier device. Those work fine for small coolers, where the environment inside the cooler starts fairly cool, and is insulated from the outdoors. Cooling a human body that's consistently generating heat, and operating in a hot environment, is a much bigger challenge.

AGV built a Peltier cooled helmet that was mediocre, and it only tried to cool the small space around your head. Cooling the entire torso is going to be tough.

Bike
BMW R1200RT
Whatever happened to the Entrosys folks? With the hot temperatures we've been having lately, I've been reviewing all the methods people are using to cool down and remember this from a few years ago. They appeared to get a lot of favorable comments, but then they seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. Their website doesn't look to have been updated in several years although the copywrite on the bottom of the page says 2012. I emailed that site but have not received a reply. Might just be another interesting idea that didn't pan out.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
This post, dated today:

Attention U.S. Riders

Aug 31st, 2013 | No Comments
If you are from the U.S. please visit the website of our exclusive distributor for the U.S. BikeAir USA at www.bikeairusa.com. There is a limited number of systems available and you can order now. Be cool, be...

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Indypup has a cooling body suit attached to a big cooler full of ice water. The cooler was mounted on a rack on the back of his bike at trailer hitch level. Cold water was pumped thru hoses sewn into the suit. He had it at OHSTOC a few years ago if I'm remembering correctly.

Perhaps he'll chime in here ...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
So you must wear stretchy long-sleeved/legged underwear with about 300 ft of tubing attached? ;-)

Bike
2007 ST1300
I was considering a Veskimo, but would like to see the price come down a little you know kinda like when the LCD TV's started out at $7000 and now you can get one for about $110. I think if they lowered to a reasonable price more would buy, me for one.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
STOC #
I think the price of LCD TVs went down because of LED technology? The price for the Veskimo backpack version has been basically the same for a few years. I am still weighting the cost as to the type of riding I want to do; when I decide to ride Route 66 and areas out West, cost will seem minimal as it relates to heat stroke. I wear ATGATT, I really like the backpack version, that I would wear under my jacket or larger jacket the accommodate the backpacks size, believing that the cool water would last longer between recharging with ice, which is the limiting factor. Also it is written that the best method is to deep freeze water bottles but then they will/may last +/- 2.5 hours? An additional option could/would be to pack dry ice in a small cooler (placed on the bike?) and alternate frozen bottles but then again, how long will dry ice last? Would I buy one..................yeeeessss/noooooo/maybeeee?

I was considering a Veskimo, but would like to see the price come down a little you know kinda like when the LCD TV's started out at $7000 and now you can get one for about $110. I think if they lowered to a reasonable price more would buy, me for one.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I thought the A/C was in your right hand. Rotate counterclockwise.

dmcleane

Dave Elliott
Bike
2014 Super Tenere
STOC #
I got this little dickie/vest thingie a few years ago, didn’t spend much. The company was 6-One, or Six-One, Six-1, something like that. Anyway, it’s sewn in a checkerboard pattern, each square about 3/4”. In each square is a little bead. Soak that bead overnight and it swellls up to fill the whole square. Imagine a gazillion of them full of absorbed water, all around your neck and upper torso, .... inside your Roadcrafter, .... zipped up tight to the neck and across the back. Open the cuffs, put it in gear, and when you hit 40mph you’ll feel like you’re sitting in a bubble of a/c. It’ll last all day, and maybe into the next. You’re wearing it under your t-shirt and the shirt continues to feel dry. Re-soak it for a few hours and it’s ready for another go. You clever guys can googlize this thing and find an eBay, Buy It Now item in no time, I’m sure. No ice, no cooler, no electric fan.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I thought the A/C was in your right hand. Rotate counterclockwise.
Point bike North (*).
Begin riding.
When desired temperature is reached, stop.
While in motion, adjust fan speed with right wrist. Clockwise = less fan, counterclockwise = more fan.

(*) Reverse polarity below the Equator.

Top Bottom