How About A Motorcycle Air-conditioning System

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
No ice, no cooler, no electric fan.
This sounds more appealing to me than any of the other ice pak/ice water versions that I have seen.
The company was 6-One, or Six-One, Six-1, something like that.
I did a quick search and didn't find it. Is there a label that you can get a name off of by any chance?
Thanks.

dmcleane

Dave Elliott
Bike
2014 Super Tenere
STOC #
[/QUOTE]I did a quick search and didn't find it. Is there a label that you can get a name off of by any chance?
Thanks.[/QUOTE].

My bad, it’s actually called SIXSIXONE Core-Cooler Personal Radiator. The website is www.sixsixone.com

There’s one on eBay with a BIN price of less than $10, but it’s a YOUTH/SMALL size.

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
I’ll wait for this design to get refined and cheaper. I wonder if 15-17*F cooler is enough.

[video=youtube_share;8liZhfpEtYo]https://youtu.be/8liZhfpEtYo[/video]

I got this little dickie/vest thingie a few years ago, didn’t spend much. The company was 6-One, or Six-One, Six-1, something like that. Anyway, it’s sewn in a checkerboard pattern, each square about 3/4”. In each square is a little bead. Soak that bead overnight and it swellls up to fill the whole square. Imagine a gazillion of them full of absorbed water, all around your neck and upper torso, .... inside your Roadcrafter, .... zipped up tight to the neck and across the back. Open the cuffs, put it in gear, and when you hit 40mph you’ll feel like you’re sitting in a bubble of a/c. It’ll last all day, and maybe into the next. You’re wearing it under your t-shirt and the shirt continues to feel dry. Re-soak it for a few hours and it’s ready for another go. You clever guys can googlize this thing and find an eBay, Buy It Now item in no time, I’m sure. No ice, no cooler, no electric fan.
these evaporation devices don't work so well in places that have high humidity

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

I wonder how much that weighs hanging off the back of your head. And when the A/C fail there's no external vents. But probably necessary for cooling efficiency.

Top Bottom