PAN EUROPEAN ST1300 seats ????

Bike
2012 GL1800 III
Does anyone have a PAN EUROPEAN seat on there ST? Their based out of France, so hopefully some of the worldly ST'rs know about these seats.
1) Are they comfortable for distance
2) Does their pan base fit correctly
3) Are they quality construction

Thanks for any info ..
:slv13:

Bike
ST-1300A '02
Without a link, I'm going to take a guess here.

In the EU, the ST1300 is called the Pan European. My guess would be that this is the stock Honda seat being ooffered for a European audience. So it will be no better/worse than whatever is supplied for the US market.

If it's a custom seat designed for the Pan European, then it WILL fit your US spec ST1300 bike.

Link, please.

I got one of these seats last week, as I got tired of waiting for a Sargent, which nobody seemed to actually have in stock. It is very well made. The seat pan is very solid, and fits perfectly. The shape of the "ears" that extend out along the tank look a little off to me, but all in all it is a nice looking saddle. Looks very "euro". My problem with the seat is that it seems to be made for a shorter person than I. At 6' tall and 200 pounds, it pushes me really far forward. If I was to use it, I would have to put the bars back to stock (I have a Heli bar riser, which also moves the bars back). I also wish it was wider. Although the foam is a lot better, it's not much wider than stock. It has a very solid "pocket" that it sits you in, which I do like. It's no Russell, but it's not $700 plus either, and they ship for free, and quite fast. I rate it as a partial success, and if I was three inches shorter, it might work fine.

Bike
2007 ST1300A6
One of the guys on the UK ST owners site has just bought one and he is pleased with it.

Here's the linky

And just in case the link doesn't work, here is his report:

Top Sellerie Seat

It arrived today only a week after ordering it. Bit if a beggar to fit first time and you have to transfer the rubbers across from the old seat but.....

Fantastic!

Took the bike onto some decent twisties round about here for an hour tonight. Didn't budge and didn't feel the need to either. So comfy with gel seats front and rear.

Went for the ready built option and it meant I got to keep the old seat too just in case and to maybe even sell on.

Really looking forward to a two up session on Sunday.

And the next instalment.............

Took some photos last evening and plan to upload them tonight. Installed some other bits and pieces too though they have yet to be undone and redone properly now I've proved they work.

Delivery on the seat was six days by UPS. Even delivered to work for me on request. Split seat as per stock. The amount of extra bulk in both the seats makes it hard to get them on together the first couple of times but I think they'll settle down as the foam at the joint compresses a bit over time. They really did need a heavy shove to get the rear seat to line up and click into place.

They are both gel seats and so far I don't think I have moved AT ALL while riding with them on and nor have I felt the need to even shift position. Really am impressed with them and especially as I've been able to keep the priginal seat too - althoug I did have to swap the rubbers over initially (hence the replacements coming).

The TS seat base does the job ok but it isn't a Honda part and it does show. It is lighter and more flexible than stock though in exactly the same form as the Honda - even down to the original seat part numbers still being slightly visible from the moulding process.

The finish is first class and the fabric feels and acts like a really high friction surface so there's no slide at all for either rider. If you like, think about a shark's skin being rough but smooth at the same time. It seems to achieve something like that effect. All black with silver piping and stitching with the silver stitched Pan European (outline font) on the front seat bum-bump.

The only TS branding is on the gooley pad of the front seat which features their logo just heated into the fabric. Looks ok and not at all in your face - more like in your...well ok you get the idea! That pad works well too, haven't yet slid forward under even the hardest intentional braking.

The front seat wings at the knee position don't hug the frame as tightly as the stock ones do but in a way, even that's ok as it gives the knees something to hold onto and it isn't noticed at all.

MOT is due soon and I've ordered more seat rubbers from Lings so I can put the stock seat back on the bike for Mr Dirty Overalls climbing all over it next week!

After the MOT, it's going in for major service which I think the previous owner didn't do (It's done 19k now). From conversations with Honda up here, it all sounds ok and normal, but you never know.

Installed a pair of 'Ring' DRLs inside the rad opening. The photos will show those too.

Just ordered a rad guard from Bike-quip. Saw the post about Mike's grilles and thought they looked a bit weak and still pricey. The solid and IMHO better looking one from BQ (with the V4 badge in the middle) is only a bit more spensive so that'll be going on soon as it gets here.

It was the Grampian Motorcycle Convention at the Transport Museum and the bottom of the road last Sunday. Brilliant day and never seen so many bikes of every sort there. Almost no ST13s that I saw though - shame!

Regards and will post photos tonight.
PJ

And here are the pics

:06biker:

Bike
2008 ST1300
I just received and installed one of these, and I am pretty happy with it. It fits onto the bike well, though there was a small rubber pad just inside the gap where the front seat grabs onto the adjustable bar, and I had to take that off to get the seat all the way forward. The seat seems very well made and looks good. It was a model they had at a discount, possibly one somebody had returned. Maybe it had been returned because the stitched "Pan European" is not perfectly level? Pure speculation. It also happened to be their extra-long and raised version, which was exactly what I was looking for. I am 6'2", not a giant but want to minimize my knee bend, and now I am up pretty high. The seats have gel pads and have been made extra tall, at least an inch taller than stock, maybe more. I just can't see the turn signal indicators on the dash anymore! Some of the negative comments I saw around the web before buying concerned people trying to make returns, not necessarily criticizing the actual seat, so I gave it some thought and took the gamble, hoping that the seat would suit, which it does. Their website worked properly and it arrived pretty quickly for a shipment from France. I also kept my stock seats rather than sending them to Top Sellerie, sort of their "Core Charge". That cost extra but I like keeping those stock seats for some future occasion. I will make an update after a long ride, where I can see how long before my butt goes numb, if at all.

Top Bottom