Is there a definitive CCS-100 install guide for ST1100?

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Starting to gear up for this project. Seems to be a lot of recent stuff for the ST1300, but getting a little confused about the best source for the ST1100.

Point me in a direction.

Thanks.:biker:

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
check out the website my-mc.com and go to the honda section. lots of st1100 guys there and i think you will find what you are needing. good luck!!

Tidrick

Keith B. Tidrick
Bike
2007 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
Here's a link to John OoSTerhuis install. Nice pics. My next project.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/553578014cCRzLj
For what it's worth, I was going to post recommending John O's but did not have the link. I looked at SEVERAL before initiating my install a few yrs back and ultimately was most impressed with the way John handled several stages of his project - including the attachment to the bell crank, design of the reservoir and location of the larger major components. :bow1:

IIRC, I simplified the reservoir design even further by putting a simple cap on one end. Also, I had to locate my reservoir on a frame piece under the fairing on the right side (just in front of and above my right foot, but behind the fairing) as John's machine is a '91 and most of us have other components installed where he located his reservoir.

Some of the installs do NOT use a reservoir, or use "long hose" as the accumulator, but I've often read secondary issue posts on some of those systems.

Good luck! For long rides, this is, without hesitation, my most favorite farkle!!!!

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I've received a LOT of positive feedback on my install, quite a few having followed it. With the pictures and their captions, the Webshots album works pretty well as a 'step-by-step'.

Edit (Feb 2014): my install album has been reconstructed here:
http://www.st-riders.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=33

I think it's a good method in that the throttle pull cable makes one continuous gentle curve to bellcrank. And it's a 'clean' route that allows pulling tupperware, etc. (except the carbs: unhook ball chain) without disturbing anything. I couldn't use the right side for the servo unit as all/only 1991 ST1100s have an external crankcase breather chamber there, but the left side is a better location anyway.

Regards, John :STOC: Ten Fifty Eight

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
We pretty much all got screwed on the WebShots thing. I lost several albums when they got bought out. Still have the original pics but would be tuff to reconstruct the albums now.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I reconstructed my AudioVox install album, including captions, here (click on Title Ascending to get the pictures in the intended order):
http://www.st-riders.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=33

Edit: Michael Schenck (STay froSTy) hasn't been on the site in over four months. If you're looking for his missing Webshots pictures you might PM or email him.
Edit2: Apr '14 -- Michael has updated his pictures in the ST1100 Mods subforum.

John

Last edited:
Bike
'97 ST1100
I just finished my install. Everything went according to plan until I took it out for it's test drive. It did not work. After a lot of testing and reading I still couldn't find the problem, because everything seemed to check out. When I went through the diagnostics I used a continuity tester. Finally I used a multimeter and found the power source going to the orange wire was only 10.4 V. I moved it to different circuit and that tested at 11.5 V and EUREKA! Works perfect! Thanks to John Oosterhuis and other before. Love having cruise control!

Top Bottom