Article [13] ST1300 - Wiring diagram : Trailer Isolation Relay

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I'm getting ready to roll my own isolation harness/relays, and was wondering if there's a factory junction for the rear lights I could interrupt and make my own sub harness. I hate modifying factory wiring unless absolutely necessary. I've searched through several trailer posts and haven't seen anything.

I've already got a "Hitachi" connector kit and crimper that I've used in several locations on the bike already, so I'm prepped to make my own splitter harness.
Ask Tom (@STRider), he connected in to the factory wiring without spicing.
I know he did it for the brake lights. Maybe he can let you know where to connect in to for the running lights as well.
Brake Light Circuit
Brake Light Connector
3P Honda Brake/Tail Connector mate

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I'm getting ready to roll my own isolation harness/relays, and was wondering if there's a factory junction for the rear lights I could interrupt and make my own sub harness. I hate modifying factory wiring unless absolutely necessary. I've searched through several trailer posts and haven't seen anything.

I've already got a "Hitachi" connector kit and crimper that I've used in several locations on the bike already, so I'm prepped to make my own splitter harness.
There's a spot for brake lights only under the right fairing you could use if you mad a Y cable, but that won't give you turn signals or running lights.

Unfortunately you'd have to make three Y splitters with your connector kit. One for the brake & running light, one for the left turn signal & 1 for the right turn signal. They'd need to go where the OEM harness plugs into each bulb socket.

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
There's a spot for brake lights only under the right fairing you could use if you mad a Y cable, but that won't give you turn signals or running lights.

Unfortunately you'd have to make three Y splitters with your connector kit. One for the brake & running light, one for the left turn signal & 1 for the right turn signal. They'd need to go where the OEM harness plugs into each bulb socket.
That's likely the same spot the MCCruise grabbed the brakes. I was hoping for a spot in the tail. I'll look over the Service Manual also. I'll also hope for a response from @STRider as well, as we are in similar boats of wiring mods. I also HAPILLY chopped out those silly under mirror wiring connectors when I replaced my lost mirror cover yesterday just like he did!

Reactions: Obo

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
That's likely the same spot the MCCruise grabbed the brakes. I was hoping for a spot in the tail. I'll look over the Service Manual also. I'll also hope for a response from @STRider as well, as we are in similar boats of wiring mods. I also HAPILLY chopped out those silly under mirror wiring connectors when I replaced my lost mirror cover yesterday just like he did!
I just ended up modding the harness up near when the 3 or 4 looms under the tail become one, baring and soldering in new wires to run to my isolation connectors.

Top Bottom