Windshield comparison/side by side

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks for the reply Mellow----I am looking forward to installing it as my stock screen is all scratched up. I keep reading about how the lip improves wind deflection so I want to test it for myself.
It does and it will also be a lot quieter than the oem shield... you'll be able to look 4 to 6 inches above it and still have the wind go over your helmet.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
It does and it will also be a lot quieter than the oem shield... you'll be able to look 4 to 6 inches above it and still have the wind go over your helmet.
Quiter than OEM?? Awesome! Now my tunes will be more clear. Thanks again.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Quiter than OEM?? Awesome! Now my tunes will be more clear. Thanks again.
For me, the oem would get loud right where my line of sight hit the top of the shield - lower the shield and it would be worse and raise it and it would be better...

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I just got back from my first ride after installing a new Bike Quip windshield from Great Britania. I like it a lot, looks great, buffeting is gone, a LOT less wind noise and I do not need to raise it nearly as high as the OEM windshield. I got the clear shorter version which I paid $215 delivered via USPS which took 1 week after ordering. It took me @ 20 minutes to install which was very simple. I will update later when I get her in the rain to see how it performs.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Anyone have the Cee Baily and if so do you have the vent in it and how you like it?
No vent in my new Cee Baily. Still in the box with his high beam protection in original packing after one year. I did realise that a good pair of gogles is better than any afterstock market windshield. So I will sell the whole thing when I will sell my bike.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I sold my Ceebaily and before buying the Bikequip, I ask if the XW version is a better choice than normal wide, both at 20 inches high ?

Bike
08 St1300
I've been considering a V-Stream but have not seen any pros or cons on this shield. Maybe I just have not looked in the right place yet.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
This is the best pic I could get comparing the V-Stream, Bike Quip and Stock (L>R), given how hard it is to photograph clear items. I put the Quip on tonight and will test it tomorrow. What I observed was that the V-Stream was the thickest and heaviest shield followed by the Bike Quip and the thinnest/lightest was the stock shield. The V-Stream is obviously the highest quality shield of the set, no doubt about it. However, the V-Stream is also the tallest and widest; that's why I ordered the Quip... I wanted something shorter. I noted that the holes drilled in the Quip are chipped a bit, while the V-Stream is very clean. They don't show so it doesn't matter much, but it does speak for quality control. More to come...

IMG_2183.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Did you chose the XL 4 inches wider and 21 inches tall or 20 with 2 inches wider for Bike Quip ? (This is the one I will choose prob. Still waiting for your appreciation. Thanks.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I have the standard size for all shields since I'm only 5'8"; I hate looking through shields and only do that if it's pouring buckets and I have the shield all the way up. The Quip is about the same size as the stock shield and slightly thicker. I wish the lip at the top of the Quip was more pronounced. The Quip is the same height as the stock shield in the lowest position, but the V-Stream is noticeably higher. That's why I don't like it for summer riding.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I have the standard size for all shields since I'm only 5'8"; I hate looking through shields and only do that if it's pouring buckets and I have the shield all the way up. The Quip is about the same size as the stock shield and slightly thicker. I wish the lip at the top of the Quip was more pronounced. The Quip is the same height as the stock shield in the lowest position, but the V-Stream is noticeably higher. That's why I don't like it for summer riding.
The extra-wide 4 inches wider and 21 inches high presents a larger lip. Why did'nt you choose that one instead than the 20 inches please ?

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
At 20" high the Quip is still high in its lowest position, and I think the extra wide looks goofy; not as sporty. I hate looking into or through shields. The stock shield is still the lowest in the lower position and is much better for summer riding. The Quip was hot riding through the Badlands in 95? blazing sun. I'm still looking for the best shield for mine and my wife's needs...

The extra-wide 4 inches wider and 21 inches high presents a larger lip. Why did'nt you choose that one instead than the 20 inches please ?

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I don't ride much in the Louisiana summer heat, shorter Quip is perfect for me. On warm days I keep it down all the way and that seems fine. It's the cooler days I truly enjoy for riding here. Fall, winter and spring are awesome riding.

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Take a real hard look at the MADSTAD adjustable shield:) I give it about 20 thumbs up..
it adjusts up and down as well as forward and back, so if you want the bugs in your teeth lower it and
tilt it back, if you don't raise it up and tilt it forward then look through it... I have 2 of them and they
are the best.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I don't ride much in the Louisiana summer heat, shorter Quip is perfect for me. On warm days I keep it down all the way and that seems fine. It's the cooler days I truly enjoy for riding here. Fall, winter and spring are awesome riding.

Jonjobo, you are talking about 20 inches high and ? wide (4 inches extra-wide and 20 inches high)

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
So the lip on the 20 inches Quip is not enough, but you live with it ? And it is a compromise to save the look of the machine, if I understand.

My comprehension at final is that the Quip 20 inches is the best replacement shield, except on very hot conditions.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
So the lip on the 20 inches Quip is not enough, but you live with it ? And it is a compromise to save the look of the machine, if I understand.

My comprehension at final is that the Quip 20 inches is the best replacement shield, except on very hot conditions.
The lip on the Quip is about as perfect as Angelina Jolies pout, I researched all windshields out there and this is the best windshield I could come up with too (thats why I got it)

Top Bottom