Dunlop Roadsmart Sportmax blister

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I would still let Dunlop have that back under complaint as this is a defiinite and dangerous trend...

Bike
2007 ST1300
Next time I have the urge to assassinate someone, I'll just buy them a set of Dunlop tire for Christmas and then idly bide my time until the inevitable occurs.... :D

Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Had the same problem last weekend. I felt the same constant thumping at low speed (35mph). I stopped and checked the front tire. It had a bubble half the size of a tennis ball in the center of the tire. Started to limp it back to the place we were staying for the weekend. Stopped twice to let some air out of the tire so the bubble would clear the fender. My son delivered a tire 100 miles so I could change it in a parking lot. The tire had 11,275 miles on it. I constantly check tire pressure and for damage to the tire before I get on the bike for a ride. The tire had a 4 inch split on the inside with the belts showing.

I took the tire by my local bike shop where i bought the bike and tires to show them. They said they have never seen that before. They called the Dunlop rep to come look at the tire. He took pictures to send up the chain. Now the waiting game.

I had the 220's on the bike when new. I got 9100 miles on those. The Roadsmarts were doing well at 11,000+ with about 2/32 left before hitting the wear bar. I am undecided wether I will try something else. Depends on what kind of customer service I get from Dunlop.

Carl

Attachments

STOC #
Just ran into the same problem today. 70 miles from home decided to ride slowly as far as possible. Halfway home became worse. Was just about to pull over and park, turned a corner and they seemed to smooth out, thought may be going flat. Stopped to check. No bubble but the center tread was noticeably raised. Continued on, steering squirmy, ride smooth. When I finally arrived home the tire looked normal except for noticeable wear at the bubble site. About 7000 miles on tire.

Yogi

Have MC -- Will Travel
Bike
Honda GL1800
STOC #
I bought the Roadsmart Tire when it first came out and the same thing happened to me at about the 7000 mile mark. I Switched to Michelin PRII's and have gone thru 3 sets of those with no issues.

Bike
2003 ST1300
Another Roadsmart failure here. Same as others have reported. Noticed a bouncing in the front end and then loud thumping (interstate speed at the time!). Pulled to the shoulder and the tread had a large bubble about the size of a golf ball.

Limped along the shoulder at 10-15 mph and the bubble finally burst leaving a small split in the tread which you can see in the picture. Managed to make it back to the NC mountain home I was staying in, but my riding buddy had to ride home to Columbia and bring his trailer back to cart me home. Less than 4000 miles on the tire.

Michelin here I come.

Brian

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Another Roadsmart failure here. Same as others have reported. Noticed a bouncing in the front end and then loud thumping (interstate speed at the time!). Pulled to the shoulder and the tread had a large bubble about the size of a golf ball.

Limped along the shoulder at 10-15 mph and the bubble finally burst leaving a small split in the tread which you can see in the picture. Managed to make it back to the NC mountain home I was staying in, but my riding buddy had to ride home to Columbia and bring his trailer back to cart me home. Less than 4000 miles on the tire.

Michelin here I come.

Brian
Glad you didn't have any major get-offs due to that.

Please look at post 16 and file a report this stuff is just crazy... I can understand someone saying a tire w/10k is just a worn out tire but one w/4k on it is just wrong...

Top Bottom