ST1300 "adjustable" clutch lever...

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I purchased a set of replacement clutch/brake levers for my ST1100. The new clutch lever was adjustable like the brake lever, allowing you to change the starting position of the lever. The clutch lever always felt a little too far away and the new lever allow me to position it in a perfect spot. The replacement levers were actually a set from a 750 size Honda, though I don't recall the specific model.

I picked up an '06 ST13 last Friday. The resting position of the clutch lever is also further out than I would like. Does anyone know of a set of replacement levers for the ST13 where the clutch lever is adjustable?

Thanks!

Update: I found a link that claims the clutch lever from the CBR1000RR is a direct replacement.

Bike
None For Now
STOC #
It cost me $40 but I bought a Gold Wing adjustable clutch lever. It's one from Kuryakin. I didn't find the adjustability to be very helpful. If I adjusted it in close enough to make a difference, it never felt to me like the clutch fully engaged properly. If I adjusted it out to where the clutch engagement felt right, the reach wasn't that different from the stock lever. On the other hand, the Kuryakin lever is wider and longer than stock so it's easier to grab and you might get slightly better leverage. That's probably debatable though.

Here are really good instructions if you decide to go that route: https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6885

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Have the 1000R on my ST also. Drop in replacement and like getting the lever closer to the grip. Just be aware that this lever is a little shorter than the original lever.

TwoBrittanys

aka itsbent
Bike
'04 ST1300ABS
That missing half inch won't be missed and it may just keep the lever from breaking off in a tip over.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
If they are different lengths I have never noticed. I'm pretty sure mine is the exact same length.

Curt

Earl43P

Wrencher turned Rider
Bike
04 ST1300
STOC #
My 04 came with those Tencasi levers installed and I really like them a lot.
However, I find that my preferred clutch position inhibits the clutch interlock function for the starter circuit.

I also found grips installed on top of the OEM handgrips, contributing to the "problem".
I have adapted by squeezing with vigor.

Top Bottom