Article [13] ST1300 - MCL Generation 3 Riser Plate Install Pictures

Bike
'06 ST1300
My first farkle was a riser plate from MCL. The install was easy by following the directions (and not dropping anything down the fairing). Let me know if you have any questions, but I'll just post pictures here. The one thing I did do was to completely remove the loom that goes around the ignition, it made turning the bars easier, which made getting a 14 mm wrench under there easier.

I do have a tight throttle cable, let me know if you have any ideas by replying to that thread.

Before:

Before:

Cover off:

Bars off:

OEM plate off:

MCL Plate on:

Bars on:

Cover on (I didn't wire powerlet yet, but have it in case and it was no extra $):

Done, note the 3 towels protecting the paint on the tank:

laurentc

Laurent
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Re: MCL Generation 3 Riser Plate Install Pictures

Just finished my installation using the MCL instructions and your pictures, all went well and it took me less than 45 minutes.

Looking forward to a long ride to check the new riding position !

Thanks for taking the time to post your pics, much appreciated.

(oh and no tight throttle cable here...and nice bike color by the way ;-)

Bike
ST1300A-06

Laurentc
You will love these risers. Its quite a change from the original position.

Echo
Just what Echo said, run it through the steering head with a plastic shroud used in automobile.
As far as power source, mine is taken from a fuse box in the back of the bike and that fuse box is activated even when the key is in Acc position. Other options exist and since the people here are very helpful, i'm sure you will have other ideas coming your way.

Bike
2008 St1300

Thanks for the photos. They gave me courage to install them myself on my new bike. It took 1hr 15 which included sourcing the neighbour to help torque up the bolts. Feels good now with weight off the wrists and back

Bike
03 ST1300 89 pc

Im looking at a fly and drive deal for an ST1300. I plan to install the same riser with the powerlet. I'll need to hook up the powerlet for my GPS. Does anyone have a proceedure for that? Do you hook it up right to the battery? Does the "tank" need to come off? Id like to know exactly what to do to save as much time as possible. Thanks!
I too want to do this but need more info on the wiring

Yes, thanks for the write-up and pics. Mine went on smooth a silk. Nice to have this as a reference. Much improved ergos now.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Just done mine, real easy instructions and I ran the wiring through the steering column as directed and followed the bike frame under the tank, no problems at all and I love the new riding position.

Top Bottom