Helmets Arai RX-Q vs Shoei RF-1100 ?

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
Whichever fits you best.
In my experience, either the Arai or the Shoei will fit well. They seem to be made for 2 different shapes of head.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I just bought an arai vortec at a steal and am very pleased so far. Only had it for three days so far.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
www.webbikeworld.com has, I believe, reviews of both helmets. But pretbeck has it right. It doesn't matter how "good" a helmet is if it doesn't fit right. Too loose, or wrong for the shape of your head in a way that lets it move around, and it won't protect as well as it should. Too tight, or the wrong shape so it puts pressure on certain parts of your head, and you'll be unhappy.

Too many people decide on a helmet based on brand or color, and when it doesn't fit right solve the problem by just getting a bigger one. Wrong approach. I think Arai's are over-priced and over-rated, but no one else makes a full line of helmets to fit different head shapes. Nothing fits me as well as an Arai Profile, so I bite the bullet and pay the price. I also have a Shoei Multitec, but it fits me more loosely. I know I'm giving up a little protection and comfort when I use it, but there's a particular reason why I make that choice.

MorleyJC

Der Weg ist das Ziel
Bike
'05 ST1300A
No experience with Arai's other than their price is well above my budget, and when I have tried them on their "fit" dosent seem to work with my noggin.

But I did just buy a Shoei RF-1100 and have logged about 400 miles in it this month (adding an additional 2,400 miles this weekend!) so far I love it. Quiet, comfortable, great airflow when I open all the vents, great seal when I close them.

Top Bottom