OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I have had fitted a power socket in the front lockable fairing pocket. Not sure if it will get too hot and fry my mobile phone. I hope not!
There has been more than one person that has fried their phone in that pocket. I don't recommend it. Some people have taken that type of insulation that is sticky on one side and on the other side is reflective and lined the outside of the fairing pocket with it to keep it cooler. Maybe that helps but without it there's no way I would use that pocket for anything electronic.

IMO YMMV

Curt

Bike
2007 ST1300
I did (added Powerlets) the same to my 2007. Additionally, I placed one between my handlebars. I just removed the plastic cover plate which opened the steering column. I removed the Honda emblem and drilled a hole for the Powerlet. I ran the wiring down the steering column and under the gas tank and seat. I had previously installed a power bar under the seat for other electrical attachments, and just connected this outlet to the bar. The advantage for me with this setup is that I have added a plug to my tank bag. I can run the short pigtail from my bag to this outlet and charge my MP3 , phone, or whatever else I need to charge while riding in the bag. Since it is wired to the power bar, the power is off when the key is off.

Last edited:

fmc

was trying to get your article/picutre of the ham radio installation but could not.
I am a Ham and just got into the ST 1300 forum...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
was trying to get your article/picutre of the ham radio installation but could not.
I am a Ham and just got into the ST 1300 forum...
Who in this thread are you addressing? I didn't see anything about Ham radios here.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Nine years later and another tip of the helmet to the OP for the care and attention to detail as I am midway through the same process. Thanks!

Top Bottom