Armor Anyone use Forcefield Armor?

STranger

Jay Knight
Bike
99 ST1100
STOC #
Never heard of them but since I got my cpap machine i do know more about using the force....to sleep:D:D

What jacket do you have now? Aerostich, Joe Rocket, Bohn and more have back pads that may work for your application. Do you have a photo of the current pad and dimensions?

OP
OP
tlartist

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
I actually have two jackets I want to replace. The armor sounds really good, just wondering about other options and if people like it. Wondering whether the back armor is somewhat breathable. Per the web site it is but looking for actual users. This looks the best so far. Also wondering about rigidity.

Bike
08 ST1300A
I've been using the Forcefield insert shown in my leather jacket for about 1 yr now. I originally purchased one for my textile jacket but the weight of the back pad caused the collar to ride up around my throat. I think the reason this happened is due to my textile jacket being much lighter and a looser fit compared to my leather jacket........so the back pad tended to move around more.

Once I placed it in my leather jacket I was very happy with the fit.....I hardly knew it was in there. They are quite thick and a bit heavier than the average back protector. I guess this is the price you pay for a higher level of protection. It's rather flexible and quickly moulds to the shape of your back when your riding.

They got good reviews in the UK and Forcefields armour is allegedly ranked amongst the worlds best.

OP
OP
tlartist

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
Thanks for the info. I am actually thinking of using it in my textile jacket. Will probably just get it anyway and if too heavy just sell it. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
OP
tlartist

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
I am also interested if anyone has tried the pant armor inserts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom