Thread: Zumo 665 Largest Micro SD Card?

Bike
    vSTrom 650A
    Tip Overs:
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

Re: Zumo 665 Largest Micro SD Card?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilbikes View Post
    Joe, I do the same - use my J&M to pipe music in from my Garmin's MP3 player/satellite radio. I need a way to get voice to the Garmin so it interfaces with the Bluetooth. It's the microphone part I'm not getting...

Thanks,
    Gordon
    Well, you aren't going to like the answer.. there's a zumo interface cable.. not cheap but it adds the mic interface as well as the ability to add a radar detector and /or frs.

This is the interface
    http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....3-CFRG-D&PF=39

This is the cable for the zumo
    http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....G-D-CA06&PF=39

I love old bikes
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    09 ST
    My Gallery

Joe, you're right - I don't like it and since I'm very much against cell use and driving, no way will I spend it.I thought if something might be quick, easy. and reasonable - I'd have it so I could pull-off the road and make a call this the helmet and gloves on "hands-free". At $500, I'll be reminding myself it's the tunes, the weather, and the ride I'm really enjoying.

Thanks for the links and time to post -

Regards,
    Gordon

I love old bikes
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    09 ST
    My Gallery

Joe, All, I found what I believe is a good compromise/solution -

For $22 (the $14+$8 shipping) I bought the external microphone from Garmin. This will simply plug into my power cable microphone port that I've got coiled in the right-side glovebox with the accessories plug, voltmeter, and now my GXM40 receiver that's mounted to the top of the door. When and if I want to make a call or have the option of making/receiving a call - I can simply open the door and attach the microphone to my helmet during that ride or segment (stopped of course). Again, I am very much against phones and driving, but the ability to answer to say "I'll call you right back" and/or to pull-off the highway and make a call without removal of the gloves, helmet, and digging the phone from it's internal jacket pocket would be convenient. The added plus is that if you find a POI, the Zumo 665 will dial it for you - even more reason to want to use it's features.

I am almost certain the output through the 665 to the J&M audio system would still handle the amplification and distribution to my headset and if I'm right - I've just saved $478!

Worse than the $500 spent on additional J&M wiring is the thought of taking all that plastic apart and finding even the tiniest space to route another wire. The ST is a tight fit for any accessories wiring as you all know.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1445

I'll report on it's application. I still have to resolve the Bluetooth pairing issue. My 9950 Storm 2 Blackberry is not showing on their pairing compatible list. I made 2 attempts yesterday to pair and it was not successful. I don't like it's touch-screen anyway, so a change in BB's may be a requirement.

Thanks,
    Gordon

Bike
    vSTrom 650A
    Tip Overs:
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

That should work. Any mic would do I believe.

Bike
    '06 ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Help me out on the sd card for the 665 please. I put an 8 gb card in and was only able to put 41 songs on the the unit. I took the sd card out and the songs are still in the mp3 list, so obviously the songs aren't on the card and i'm not even accessing the extra space. When i look at the properties of Garmin Zumo drive in windows explorer, I only have 3.54 gb total space, and 11 mg free. The Garmin site says my 665 has the latest software. How do I access the memory card?

Bike
    '06 ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Is the sd card supposed to map to a different drive maybe? I'm not seeing it...

My Gallery

Rick,
    You should see two drives connect, 'Gamin zumo' and the card.

Here is a screen shot showing how mine looks when connected with the card in the GPS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	95349

This is a capture with Windows 7. The '8 GIG MICRO' is the card in the zumo. Yours will have a different name showing.

Writing to the card in the Zumo is slower than having the card out and in a card reader.

Hopes this helps.
    Joe Menting
    Semper Fi

Bike
    '06 ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

yup. For whatever reason the Micro is not showing up as a drive. I even went into My Computer's Disk Management utility and it doesn't show up. Its either a bad SD which seems unlikely because its new, or a problem with the GPS. Guess I'll need to call Garmin.

Bike
    '06 ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

To follow up on this in case anyone has the same issue with the 665, my memory card wasn't showing up in Windows because my Garmin flash memory was almost full due to the fact I put the mp3's on it instead of the SD card. The guy at Garmin was no help - he had no idea why it wasn't showing up. I deleted the files as a last ditch effort, unplugged the GPS from the USB, plugged it back in and voila, the Sd card showed up.
    The guy did tell me the 665 can now handle 2000 mp3's max, and the largest recommended SD size is 16 gb. He said the 32 might work but might cause slowness in screen refreshes and overall performance.

Bike
    '06 ST1300
    My Gallery

Did you format the SD? just a thought.. I have a older thumb drive that gets funky. A reformat cures the gremlins
    1985 Honda NightHawk-S (CB700SC) **SOLD**
    2001 Honda Shadow Ace Deluxe (VT750CD) **SOLD**
    2006 Honda ST1300

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast