Article [13] ST1300 - Rostra Cruise Control Installation

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
installed rosrta cruise passes all self dionostic test but when trying to set it will not pull throttle
What speed were you travelling at when you tried to set the throttle.
Which control pad are you using; rostra, Goldwing, or custom?.

ROSTRA DASH MOUNT WOULS NOT SET AT ANY SPEED IN 5 GEAR ON CENTER STAND SERVO WOULD NEVER MOVE , TRIED AT SEVERAL SPEEDS ABOVE 50MPH

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
ROSTRA DASH MOUNT WOULS NOT SET AT ANY SPEED IN 5 GEAR ON CENTER STAND SERVO WOULD NEVER MOVE , TRIED AT SEVERAL SPEEDS ABOVE 50MPH
Have you checked that your brake and clutch connections are correct. Can you post the wiring diagram that you followed.
It might be better to actually road test rather than simulate.

Have you checked that your brake and clutch connections are correct. Can you post the wiring diagram that you followed.
It might be better to actually road test rather than simulate.

'do not have clutch wire hooked up but I can try a road test
wiring is the same as Alex post all self dionostic says all signal are good eve the switch

Last edited:
Everything now working seems I needed to switch the number 12 switch to off since I'm using the roster Dash Mount control pad thanks for all the help

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I am about to install the CC as the fantastic instructions are clear, but living in Canada I have come to a roadblock with getting the pulse divider. Can anyone recommend a place that will ship to Canada in a timely manner or even do that? I dont know what the issue here as the factory that is in Montreal will only ship to the states. Strange I say.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I dont know what the issue here as the factory that is in Montreal will only ship to the states. Strange I say.
Not sure what one you are trying to buy, but I recomend you stay away from the Rostra pulse divider. Multiple users have issues where the unit throws the ECU into default mode if you hoild 5,100 rpm for more then 10 seconds.

Some people will never hold that engine speed for long enough to matter, but if you do...

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Not sure what one you are trying to buy, but I recomend you stay away from the Rostra pulse divider. Multiple users have issues where the unit throws the ECU into default mode if you hoild 5,100 rpm for more then 10 seconds.

Some people will never hold that engine speed for long enough to matter, but if you do...
Thanks for that info. I am looking for the Centrodyne Y060 or upgraded one. I was looking at the Rostra divider and wondering, but now I know.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I have been looking at this thread and wondered why removing the C-8 capacitor was necessary since one poster said he removed it , but was having a problem, so he re-installed C-8 and that cleared up his problem.

So, I sent Centrodyne an email and asked about the C-8 capacitor. Here is the response I had from Byron :

" We no longer longer make the divider where the C8 cap could be removed as you describe. Years ago we moved to our Z063 divider with a gain adjust that seems to have taken care of the issue. See attached. "

Here are the attachments :

Attachments

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I have been looking at this thread and wondered why removing the C-8 capacitor was necessary since one poster said he removed it , but was having a problem, so he re-installed C-8 and that cleared up his problem.

So, I sent Centrodyne an email and asked about the C-8 capacitor. Here is the response I had from Byron :

" We no longer longer make the divider where the C8 cap could be removed as you describe. Years ago we moved to our Z063 divider with a gain adjust that seems to have taken care of the issue. See attached. "

Here are the attachments :
Good info. I just received my Rostra and will start the install as soon as I can get a pulse divider, from someone, somewhere. I posted a wanted ad on here to see if I can get one from the US folk so I will see, or I will have 2 extras for sale as I might have to buy 3. Anyways I would like to hear any comments further on C8 issue and also ideas on mounting the "dash mount" control on the left handlebar and what kind of housing was made to protect he device from weather etc.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
... ideas on mounting the "dash mount" control on the left handlebar and what kind of housing was made to protect he device from weather etc.
Put mine in the right side, just above the throttle, easy to use my thumb and set the cruise. Keeps the primary engine controls all on the right.

Simple right angle bracket bent to fit. Drilled a hole in the bracket and use longer bolts that hold on the front brake master cylinder. I'll upload a picture in a bit.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I used one of these switches when I installed a Rostra on my ST1100. They are waterprooof - no problem after 3 years of use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GAY2OU?psc=1&smid=A213L254EYOZFM

It's an "open contact" switch. I made a mounting plate and attached the switch to the plate and attached the plate with two longer clutch lever mounting bolts and two short stand-offs. RTV'd all around the back of the switch between the switch & mounting plate.

Last edited:

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Good info. I just received my Rostra and will start the install as soon as I can get a pulse divider, from someone, somewhere. I posted a wanted ad on here to see if I can get one from the US folk so I will see, or I will have 2 extras for sale as I might have to buy 3. Anyways I would like to hear any comments further on C8 issue and also ideas on mounting the "dash mount" control on the left handlebar and what kind of housing was made to protect he device from weather etc.
Hi I've sent you a PM, I'm planning on fitting cruise before spring, hoping we can collaborate, thanks

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I have an ST owner locally that I have been in contact with that has offered to be technical support for me as he has installed the unit before. I think it should be easy although time consuming, and the reward very good. Once i figure it out I hope i can provide support to others installing this unit. The instructions seems very good. I have a few small aluminum brackets to build and gather a few more parts and away I go. Should be fun I am thinking.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Well I have been tinkering with this project so far and changed the heat control to the left, and mounted the CC on the right. Now to make the aluminum brackets and then start the wiring.
CC.JPG

I'm curious to know where most members are buying their Rostra kit from... I see them listed on Amazon and also on eBay - are there better places to buy from?

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I'm curious to know where most members are buying their Rostra kit from... I see them listed on Amazon and also on eBay - are there better places to buy from?
I went with Amazon for both pieces and with the shipping I believe was reasonable. If in the States there are other options and free shipping that I had found. Summit Racing seemed good if you live in the US. Most places were around the $199 USD with a difference in the price of the controller and perhaps shipping.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300

I have just received the pulse divider and it has changed from the original posting. The question now is I set the signal to divide by 2, but what about setting the jumper for the gain? There are 5 options for this. And to be clear I would not cut C-8 because of the gain control jumper?
IMG_4422.jpg

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I can't tell you anything on the C-8, but the divide by two seems to jog my memory as still being too much. Need /4 or at least /3.

Top Bottom