Raven Down But OK

STOC #
990/30
Just got a call from Raven. She wants some good vibes sent her way, and wants the friends here to know what is going on.

Seems her (low-mileage) rear tire delaminated, causing a get-off.

This happened not long ago on 285 in New Mexico.

She was geared up, and the gear performed well. She's a bit shook up, and the ambulance ride down to the hospital in Roswell is a precautionary measure from the sound of things. (I heard the ambulance guys in the background ordering her to 'lay back down' :crackup GO RAVEN!!!)

Right now she is not sure what she needs, if anything.

She'll call back when the folks tending to her will let her, and will post when she can.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks for the info... hope she checks our okay... keep us posted.

OP
OP
STriders
STOC #
990/30
I hope she checks out OK, too.

Kinda hard to self-judge injury when the adrenaline is pumping.

I'll pass on the well wishes.

Don't know the brand of tire, but she said she only had ~2K on it.

Not sure about the bike, but from her comments from the side of the road, it may not be good.

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
hope all goes well for you Raven!

I'd bet they're storms, I know she likes them...I can't figure out why but....;)

Quicksilver

Caped Crusader
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Dog gone it!

These knock down, run over, wiered get offs have got to stop! Enough already!

Raven, be safe, and be well. Thoughts, and prayers being sent your way wholesale.

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
Wow Raven, glad you are OK enough to give the paramedics a hard time. :)
Heal up fast.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Good vibes are being sent! Hope she gets through alright.

Strange about the delamination. I'm looking forward to see if anyone knows or has ideas on why it happened.

OP
OP
STriders
STOC #
990/30
Raven is being sent to X-ray - she may have cracked her elbow. They are also going to check out her foot. So this will be the last news until Raven gets her phone back. She'll be mighty sore tomorrow.

She thinks she high-sided. She headed for the median (as opposed to the ditch) when the tire failed and physics took over. She said it seemed like the rear end locked up.

This tire was the Avon she just had put on.

The tire is shredded, and the bike may be totaled. She'll send pics later.

She has a few light abrasions, mostly where the gear shifted as she slid/tumbled.

Also, the folks happening by who stopped to help were mostly first responders. One was a fireman. They helped her get all the gear off of and out of the bike, so she has all her stuff with her.

She doesn't think the hospital will admit her, and arrangements are being made for hotel room tonight and rental car to get her home, should that be the appropriate action to take.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Bummer,,I hope the Xrays don't find any extra damage.

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #
Make sure Dace knows to give me a call if there is anything I can do for her. Until that happens, I'll just send her the good vibes she asked for and maybe say a little prayer that she's ok. Everything else is just details.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Sorry to hear about your get off. Hope the healing happens quickly and your back in the saddle shortly.

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Crap, Really sorry to hear this. Get better quickly. At least you'll be good for staying on two wheels now for a decade or two, since you got that rubber side up stuff over with now :)

Bike
'89 Transalp
STOC #
Raven, so sorry to hear of this... What can I do; not that far away. Give me a call if you need anything. Phone #'s on RAN list in case you lost it. Don't forget I've got a trailer and truck, etc.
May you heal quickly, my friend,
Rod

Top Bottom