STOC TAG

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
aka the Pan-Global Tag Challenge ...

This is something that has evolved over the last 2 years, as I became more active on this board, and as a rider.

I happen to really appreciate the Tag concept, and wish that I could participate more. Family responsibilities, though, have thus far kept me really close to home. At The MLR this last year, I was introduced to a new idea in Tags, the Adventure Rider's Egg. After seeing that, I thought it would be neat to do something similar for ST riders.

My answer for this is the STOC Tag. It is my opinion, that if the founders of the STOC, Derek and Charlie, were still around, they would be at least as active Taggers as Mac and my dad, George. With that in mind, I commissioned the MoonTag maker to produce two custom name tags, 1 each for Charlie and Derek. They have been placed into an Aerostich bag with a logbook and pen.

**UPDATE 11/24**

With the untimely loss of Terry Hammond, aka Austin City Limits, it was decided by me to increase the package to contain Tags for others who have gone before. With that in mind, ACL and Putt were added to the package at Terry's memorial service. Others riders can be added to the package at anytime. Just contact me, and I will forward the information on how to get the Tags made.

This is intended to be part TAG, part geo-cache, part memorial, and one helluva excuse to GO RIDE!!!

The rules are simple:

Locate the current tag, and the tag package. Get a photo of your motorcycle with the tag/tag package, and then move it on.

Transfer of the tag/tag package can be a simple hand off, much like the pony express, or a delayed hand-off with the tag package secreted near the tag location.

A log book entry should also be made for each Tag location.

Teaser Tags, shots of the tag package's journey, are also allowed and encouraged.

Repeats are allowed, and the tag package does not have to travel via motorcycle, although that is the preferred method. Aircraft, watercraft, horses, and cars are all allowed, to name a few. The reason for this is, I would love to see this tag spread beyond the borders of North America, and even potentially cross oceans (if anyone carries it that far. Please do!!)

Make every effort to have the Tag package return to the Moonshine Lunch Run every year, starting in April of 2011.

May this Tag travel everywhere Derek and Charlie hoped to ride ...

Here is the Tag package in all of its glory:

STOCTag.jpg

The Tag package will make its debut appearance at Moonshine Illinois, hopefully tomorrow ...

-Adam

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Great idea, Adam! I've just recently been introduced to geo-caching and find that it's more fun than I initially thought it would be. And, of course, the tribute to Derek and Charlie is super.

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Perhaps I'll grab it if it's near Moonshine in April and take it to Germany for a bit...:think1::TiWing1:

OP
OP
STraycatt

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
The tag was deposited this morning, photos to follow. Lets see if anyone (Danny??) grabbed it ...

-Adam

OP
OP
STraycatt

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
As promised here is the starting location for the STOC Tag ...

STOCTag (1).jpg

And where it was 'secreted' ....

STOCTag (2).jpg

Lets see how far we can get this to go ...

-Adam

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
If it don't move soon, I'll get it next week or so.

I like the idea of handing off, person to person, at events 'n such. RTEs would be a natural as folks come from all directions and leave (D'oh! :doh1:) in all directions.

This tag needs to travel, who's traveling? (Besides me.)

As I understand it, this tag is not restricted to ST-Owners subscribers. Need to cross post to other sites? I'm thinking, ST-Riders.net at least, maybe MotoCampers.com and My-MC as well.

I'd be surprised if ADV Riders wouldn't join in too.

All that would make it harder to track, tho. Ideas?

Top Bottom