STOC TAG

John

R.I.P. - 2024/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Please, everyone remember to wash their hands or wear surgical gloves whenever they handle this tag package after this announcement.

OP
OP
STraycatt

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
The sad part is, Terry was 2ft away from me when I placed it there, and took the photos ...

For a border collie, he ain't all that observant ... :p

Leave some space for the taggers to come Terry ...

-Adam

OP
OP
STraycatt

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
A tag has been ordered for Terry ... If the only thing Terry's Tag does is move to sit with the Putt memorial in Moab, then that is fine ....

As far as more name tags being added is concered, I personally have no issue ... While this is a memorial specifically geared towards Derek AND Charlie, it is also for all those who have gone before.

I have a small request to whoever gets to the Tag package first ... Regardless if Terry did or did not write in that book, I would appreciate it if his poem as quoted below could be written in ...

-Adam

We all know someone,,, Who No Longer Rides With the Wind…

It may be their Decision,,, or it was Death that Brought the Riding to an End…

Because of the Curves you shared,,, or the Sunsets you both took in,,, just take a Moment and Remember that they now Ride only Within…

When you are Standing at the Summit of Montana’s Glacier Park…

Enjoying the Curves of the Blue Ridge Parkway’s Smoky Beauty as the fog rolls into itself…

Or when you smell the Ocean Breeze on Highway # 1 along the California Coast…

Just know where ever you are they Too,,, are Riding Along With the Wind…

Our lives are just as long as a Blink,,, in the Big Cosmic Time-line Thing…

We all can strive that we make a difference in others Lives and that we bring Happiness to them…

So when our time is over,,, and we are not riding anymore…

We all can just hope to be carried along,,, to again,,, Ride along with the Wind...

Terry Hammond,,, aka,,, Austin city limits...

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
For those that are wondering if Terry signed the book, he did not. I went to the shop Tuesday morning and retrieved the package. I read the three entries in the book and decided to confer with George before making it public. Adam's initial post for the tag was there, Mitch, Terry's stepson, and TLC had signed the book. Geroge blocked out the rest of the page and made it available for everyone at the motel to sign before we went to the church.

OP
OP
STraycatt

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
Everyone,

Please feel free to do more than just sign the book. Write notes, thoughts, travel description, laundry list ... Okay, maybe not a laundry list, unless you have the skills of SoloToto ...

And if someone could make certain Terry's poem is written in there as quoted above ...

My thanks to those who have moved it thus far, and please keep it moving. I am going to add one more rule to the list for this one; A request that, if at all possible, the Tag package make its way back to the Moonshine Lunch Run each year ...

-Adam

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1148130&postcount=1

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
10-4 Adam. My pledge to Terry is to ride out of Post post Moonshine and continue an unbroken ride back to Moonshine in April. Only detour as yet was the ACL funeral.
Terry was impressed as was Helen at the store who gave me a free burger only if I complete this ride as stated.
Otherwise "...come back and pay for that burger"
OH BOY! Free MOON burger! Sign me up!:D
Now it's looking like the TAG will tag along,,,at least for part of the trip.:D

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Adam, that is the poem I transcribed, sitting in the dining room at the church. The request to get it to Moonshine every April is already written in the margins.

Danny, Khris (tankereng) is heading to Germany in the April/May time frame, might pass it to him at Moonshine, would be a great LD pass.

Folks, as far as I'm concerned, this package is the next logical step from the "Pony Express" thing we tried the last couple years. Less of a "must ride" requirement, more of a "reach out and touch someone." It's the RIDERS not the bikes that make the community. And the chance to actually MEET people, not just wave on the way by.

When STOC was originally formulated, there was no real thought given to anyone actually ever meeting in person, it was envisioned by Derek to just be an efficient way to pass info amongST the faithful. You all know it's become much more than that.

Derek and Charlie would be proud to see the results, and we should be proud as punch for the opportunity to connect, and to pass the legacy of those who have gone before.

(I wish Terry and Derek would have met.)

OP
OP
STraycatt

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
Is there a reason it cannot be hand delivered to you Danny? And where is the Tag photo ...

-Adam

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
I have heard two rumors of the bag being ridden to this part of the country, too...That would be just way cool....

Speaking of rumors, I'm betting Danny will be the next poster, here!

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
I have heard two rumors of the bag being ridden to this part of the country, too...That would be just way cool....

Speaking of rumors, I'm betting Danny will be the next poster, here!
Hey, You're right!

Actually, It would fantastic if the STOC TAG gets ridden out to Big Toms place.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
The STOC TAG is being ridden out from Dallas today and should be somewhere in NM or AZ within the next 24 hours. :D

Plans are currently being hatched for an AZ hand-off on Friday so that it can be taken to the annual Xmas STOCing.....

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
The STOC TAG is being ridden out from Dallas today and should be somewhere in NM or AZ within the next 24 hours. :D

Plans are currently being hatched for an AZ hand-off on Friday so that it can be taken to the annual Xmas STOCing.....
That's a good deal Dace. I'm looking forward to reading the log book.

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
That's a good deal Dace. I'm looking forward to reading the log book.
Oh Ya !!! it sould be a great event to see and sign the TAG book.
Looking forward to the Dallas part of the TAG story.

To bad we won't see you there, Dace. :(

Top Bottom