Terry 'ACL' Hammond (11/19/2010)

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Fully understand the schedule thing. No real need to be there in April, tho, the store is open six days nearly all year. :D (13 times for me last year). 'Course, retirement helps on that front.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
I just listened to the James Dupre song again at the start of the thread. It is so fitting and moving. When I listen to it I am reminded of Terrys sense of humor and undying spirit. I would have loved to meet him in person, but still miss his presence.

So many people pass through our lives, some leave a lasting impression. You are one Terry.

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Wow--not sure where I've been the past four years, but I just learned on here that Terry Hammond passed way clear back in 2010. I don't know how I've managed to miss learning about it before now. Terry's farm is around 30-40 miles away from the farm I grew up on. I never met Terry, but I did make it to Moonshine, IL a few years ago for a Moonburger. Rest in Peace, Terry!

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Wow--not sure where I've been the past four years, but I just learned on here that Terry Hammond passed way clear back in 2010. I don't know how I've managed to miss learning about it before now. Terry's farm is around 30-40 miles away from the farm I grew up on. I never met Terry, but I did make it to Moonshine, IL a few years ago for a Moonburger. Rest in Peace, Terry!
There's nothing quite like that kind of a shock, Bill, I'm sorry you're only finding out now. Doesn't matter. There's no timeline or "statute of limitations" on grief. Know that Terry lives on in the hearts and minds of everyone in this extended family and always will.

Patty

I can't watch a Packers game without thinking about Terry.
Yep... the same thought crossed my mind as I watched portions of last weekends game of Packers & Cowboys... Terry would have had a post discussion going on here about the "noncomplete" reversal of "catch" on 1 yard line by Cowboys with ~ four minutes in game...AND he likely would have been in the stands too in Green Bay for the game!:):03biker:

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
It has been five years since Terry passed on.

I remember his gentlemanlike qualities and his ability to call all riders his friends.

He is missed.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I remember Terry when driving through farming areas.
That house and barn on the farm were amazing.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I never had the privilege of meeting the man but his character was very clear from his clever and witty posts. He came across as a very warm and sincere gentleman and that's been echoed time and again by those who actually had that privilege. I can only imagine how they feel but I do have some sense of it. We've all lost someone close to us whom we've held in uniquely high regard and as close as a brother or sister.

For the good company and regard you afforded and engendered in others Mr. Hammond - rest in peace.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I had heard about Terry Hammond for a few years before I met him. We connected on the Kawasaki Versys forum when he recognized that I was that same guy Bones from ST-Owners. At the time Terry and I each had the same two bikes: an ST1300 and a Versys. He reached out to say he liked some of the farkles I had shared with the Versys forum and assured me he was going to copy every one of them on his bike! I credit SteveST1300 with convincing me to ride to Moonshine and also convincing Terry to talk to me about MLR so I could write a story about my experience. Terry was such a genuine person. The interview I did with him in the front room of Richards Farm Restaurant will always be burned in my brain. Rest in peace, brother.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
I remember Terry when driving through farming areas.
That house and barn on the farm were amazing.
I think that's why, even though I never met the man, I connected with him. In a forum seemingly filled with engineers, military types, and suits.....I could relate to him due to our similiar backgrounds.
And I've seen people work like a dog their whole life, taken far too soon.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
I will always remember meeting him at PuttSTOC. Terry was truly larger than life and just one hell of a great guy. We could use more people like Terry. A whole lot more.

John

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
John I will never forget that trip we met up with Terry in Moab and followed him to Moki Dugway with a memorable stop at the Honda dealer to get his bike repaired. I was with Del (Mike Boucher) on that trip on our way home we happened to stop in Casey to get gas our bikes were parked on the side of the gas station we were inside cooling off and guess who walks in with that big smile and says I have been driving past this station for years and always look for ST's and this time there were two there so he spun around and came to see who it was. We chatted for a while and then he went on up to the farm and we headed for home. He was a very special man I will never forget him and whoever said there should be more like him hit the nail on the head.

Top Bottom