970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Looks like it would be a very fun bike to toy around with. It is also a nice looking ride! Are you going to get one soon??

:usflag1:

OP
OP
skidlid1300

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
I had the thought of getting rid of a couple of bikes, but I am still on the fence on what to do. Each one I have serves a certain purpose. (I know, just like what others say) It's the licenses and insurance of all of them are getting expensive. I may sell, or trade in a couple of them for an awesome all around, with great upright riding position type bike - like the Supermoto. Of course, I'd still keep my ST... :)

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
2 of my friends just bought 990's. One bought the 990 SMT and the other bought the 990 Adventure.

I rode the SMT and it is a lot of fun. Plenty of power and feels like a big dirt bike on the street. It did take some extra input to get it lay over in the turns but other than that I felt comfortable right away on it. The only other thing that bugged me was the abrupt nose dive in between shifts. I think this was due to it being not broken in and too soft of compression in the forks. Wheelies over the top of hills were fun. You could get into a lot of trouble on one that's for sure.

The 990 Adv I didn't get a chance to ride yet. I did sit on it and it is super tall! I could barely touch tippy-toed on it even with a low seat on it. It's made for someone at least 6'5" or more for sure. Kind of dumb if you ask me for an Adventure bike.

OP
OP
skidlid1300

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
2 of my friends just bought 990's. One bought the 990 SMT and the other bought the 990 Adventure.

I rode the SMT and it is a lot of fun. Plenty of power and feels like a big dirt bike on the street. It did take some extra input to get it lay over in the turns but other than that I felt comfortable right away on it. The only other thing that bugged me was the abrupt nose dive in between shifts. I think this was due to it being not broken in and too soft of compression in the forks. Wheelies over the top of hills were fun. You could get into a lot of trouble on one that's for sure...
Even more trouble than the ST??... Woo Boy! I had an XR 600 that I put on the street. I put a Baja Designs kit on it and licensed it. I love the way it felt on the street, although it was like horsin' a Harley through the woods. I'm not riding too much in the woods anymore. Nothing in the past three years... I thought a big "motard" would be the next best thing, plus maybe unloading a bike or two... Still undecided...

Interesting bike. I'd sure like to spend a day on one. A friend of mine has a KTM of some kind that he really likes, that and a Suzuki Vstrom. He's offered to let me ride it, just haven't taken him up on it yet.

Bike
2004 ST1300/XR650L
STOC #
I'd love to own one of those. They look like they are a blast to ride, however, I'm sure I would end up on Santa's naughty list:law2:

Yeah the Yamaha looks pretty interesting, but not to be disagreable, but the last Yamaha I had was so cold natured it was miserable, and I couldn't get the dealer or Yamaha to do anything.
I like the Yamaha sport tourer also but would sure be hesitant to purchase another one.
But the tenere sure looks good

Bike
2004 ST1300
I have the previous version-950 SMR--990 is punched out and FI, but still the basic LC8 motor. I love the bike and it does bring out the hooligan in you. Took it West this past July and rode all of Western CO, Southern UT and a few places in CA. Great do it all bike. I've heard the 990's can be a bit abrupt with the On/Off throttle response, but I haven't ridden one yet.

Hey....an excuse to post some pics...

Attachments

Top Bottom