Has anyone ridden the Victory Vision Tour?

Backintheday

Why be Normal?
Bike
2008 ST1300
Riden the Victory Vision Tour?

And if you had, what is your opinion of it?

The reason why I ask this question here es because the experience in long rides and reasonably neutral.

I am curious about the bike and there is no dealer the I know close by to check it out.

Re: Has anyone?

ive rode one, they ride good have every option you could want
just a little underpowered

Bike
2010 BMW Adv.
Re: Has anyone?

I got the OK from my local dealer to take one for an extended test ride, (1 hour) I went about 7-8 miles and brought it back. That engine seemed like a dog, could only see my elbows in the mirrors, and it just didn't fit me. I was really interested in it about 3 years ago, but that one short ride really turned me off. I never got it on the 4-lane, maybe that's where it's happiest. This is just my opinion, YMMV

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
My brother has the Victory Cross Roads and we have ridden all the Victory's bikes they make. They are ok if you like engine vibrations, mirror shaking and clunky transmission shifting. The Vision tour fits me better then the Goldwing but I still don't like my feet in front of me when I ride. I'm waiting for the 2012 Goldwing.:D

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Victory made several improvements for 2011. If you test ride one, I would make sure its an '11 model.
I rode the 2011 didn't see to much difference between the 2010 models except I was hitting neutral more often. I know they upped the horse-power more and did some cutting on the trans teeth.

Not saying it's a bad thing but when you ride a Goldwing with the smoothness it's hard to go back to anything else. (Personal preference).

Bike
'06 ST1300A
I test road a Vision a few years back with my daughter on the back. According to her, the Vision is way more comfortable for the passenger than is the ST. I'm not a fan of the cruiser ergonomics, and the test did nothing to change my perspective on that. Of course, many other folks have a different take on cruiser ergos than I.

The ride itself was smooth, the controls were all laid out nicely, handling didn't have any surprises. In short, if I were looking for a cruiser based tourer, it would be on my short list.

The Victory Vision is a very comfortable bike, good aerodynamics, and a lot more power than most Harley's. They have good breaks, and the electric windshield. If you like the sound of a big V-twin and want to do a lot of touring, it is the bike. However, they are heavy! I work with a guy who has one, have ridden it several times. He also has a Jackpot, and it takes two of his bikes to do what my ST1300 does day in and day out!

Bike
ST1300 '08
OK, a voice in the other direction: I bought my VV Tour last year and love it. My ST is for sale (perfect shape!! make me an offer! :))
The VV is a different animal. if you expect it to have the screaming acceleration of an ST it doesn't, but it is NOT slow by any means. It's a big powerful cruiser and you need to drive it as such, not expecting it to be a sport bike, because it isn't. And it is very smooth, super comfy, and great on really long rides. Excellent mpg's, easy handler, stock seat one of the best ever, and mine has been 100% reliable. I just did a 4,000 mile loop to New Mexico and up to the Tetons, Yellowstone, and back to OK, taking a very circuitous route, and all very very good. AND it is as solid as a rock in the wind. yes, I'm a fan. terrific.

Bike
ST1300 '08
top box holds two full face helmets with SENA on each, easily. side bags have a lot of wasted space, yet, I had no problems fitting all my gear with no "extra" bungeed-on luggage. it'll fool you. plenty of space. I do a long trip each year, sometimes two, and in the past on my ST (which I love, don't get me wrong) I always had to strap on an extra bag. with the Victory, in spite of odd side bags, didn't need to. Maybe I packed more sensibly too... but it's a toss-up at worst. My ST has a generic but fine Ebay top box (Bestem). not as roomy as the Victory's.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Rode one at bike week. I remember lots of heat on my thigh. I'm a hot natured Florida boy though. Worth looking into if you are hot natured. It's also the same size as a medium sized dump truck which isn't my thing.

Bike
ST1300 '08
no heat issues with mine at all, and where I live and ride it's HOT. yes, medium-sized dump truck is about right tho! :) LOL... (I liked that one!)

Bike
2001 ST1100
Rode one on a factory sponsored tour. About a 30 minute ride to the interstate and back, guided by off duty Atlanta motor-cops. Decent power but narrow bands between shifts. Ran pretty good but not what I'd call sporty in the least. A twin is great if you like these things and vibration but that motor is nothing compared to a V-4 or boxer. After the ride I gave my GL1800 a big hug.

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
I remember a rider from Canada had a thread about his change from the ST to the Victory (not sure if it was the exact same model) & he had the bike at OH-STOC 2014. It looks a ton similar to the ST1300 front! I was caught off-guard while letting him pass me during the STOC rides. I thought "funny looking ST1300"...and then as he passed I heard the V-Twin rumble & I was like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat???"

Its a beautiful looking bike, that Victory. I have no idea how it handles, but whoever was riding it, was doing a great job in the twisties, waaay better than me (which really isnt hard to do honestly :D )

That's all I have to add here. I'd love to test ride one just for kicks :D

Regards,
Vishnu

Bike
ST1300 '08
Vishnu, I've been passed by just about every bike there is! not earth-shaking news to announce that it's the rider after all.. I'm not sure there are any bad bikes out there.. maybe, but the ones I've owned have all been great (many brands) and wind up being: ride your ride, learn your bike, etc... it's all good.

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
I remember a rider from Canada had a thread about his change from the ST to the Victory (not sure if it was the exact same model) & he had the bike at OH-STOC 2014.
Ah, that was me...
I have over 31,000 km on my 2012 VV, no regrets. It just continues to impress me.
So Vishnu, are you still riding that slightly scarred ST?

And it is very smooth, super comfy, and great on really long rides. Excellent mpg's, easy handler, stock seat one of the best ever, and mine has been 100% reliable.
My experience has been exactly the same.

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
My good sir, yes indeed the ST1100 lives, purrs and turns corners beautifully! :) its still missing a few parts up front but I hope to get her back up to snuff in a month or two. I've almost everything ready/or in transit. Thank you again George (smack my head if I have the name wrong :confused: ) for taking that first ride on Vikki after her Crash :). That was very brave of you, and really kind. Thank you again for that.

I hope to catch you soon! It was really cool to ride alongside that Victory, she's such a beauty. And sounds great :D

Ah, that was me...
I have over 31,000 km on my 2012 VV, no regrets. It just continues to impress me.
So Vishnu, are you still riding that slightly scarred ST?

Top Bottom