Gerbing Glove Damage - Melted

Ilbikes

I love old bikes
Vendor
Bike
09 ST
Guys, my left Gerbing T5 glove feel off of the seat and onto the left exhaust. It melted the nylon covering on the top/back of the wrist (it's gone and had stuck to the exhaust). It also got into the Goretex lining, so my rain-proof glove is no longer so rain-proof. The glove functions heat-wise, it's not pretty, and I can't simply sew a new covering on it. Gerbing will not sell me 1 glove nor will they repair this one at any price. Gerbing's customer service sugested I have to buy a new "pair".

Does anyone have suggestions or know of someone who can sew a new covering onto my glove?

I don't have a photo and the gloves are in the bike.

Inputs appreciated.

Thanks, Gordon

OP
OP
Ilbikes

Ilbikes

I love old bikes
Vendor
Bike
09 ST
I do have a set of those that I carry for rain emergencies, but I was looking for a way to replace the covering on the glove itself. I added clear silicone sealant to the palms of my 3-digit covers to make them sticky in the rain - it works!.

Thanks for the reply.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
Find a fabric store in your town. Last time I was in one with my wife, there was a bulletin board with ads from locals who offered sewing services. Worth a shot.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I do have a set of those that I carry for rain emergencies, but I was looking for a way to replace the covering on the glove itself. I added clear silicone sealant to the palms of my 3-digit covers to make them sticky in the rain - it works!.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, that is what I kind of figured. I Thought it was worth mentioning in case you didn't know about them.

Top Bottom