Gauging Interest: Replacement Drive System for ST1300 Windscreen Motor/gear/cables

Bike
ST1300
Re: Gauging Interest: Replacement Drive System for ST1300 Windscreen Motor/gear/cable

I am an interested ST owner.
This gear strip problem has been discussed at length for years without any resolution (other than replace all components with Honda OEM at a cost of 350-400$).
Willing to contribute to set-up "first pieces off" $ if proposed gear is proven to work.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Re: Gauging Interest: Replacement Drive System for ST1300 Windscreen Motor/gear/cable

Anxiously awaiting further news myself

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #

the goodfellow hasn't been on the board since about that post.

anybody have a friend at a shop with a laser sintering machine :)

Bike
2003 ST1300

I hate to bump such an old thread, but has anyone made any progress with this? I'd really like my windshield to be adjustable, but really don't want to shell out $400 for the poorly designed OEM unit.

Bike
2003 ST1300A

Add me to the list as mine just stopped working. I'm guessing the gear is stripped, or at least partially. The motor still runs, but one side is moving and the other not.

Currently locked screen at top setting. There is way too much drag in this system for this not to eventually be a problem for all who have it.

I don't have the skills to make it, but I agree a worm gear drive with threaded rods seems like a better system than bicycle brake cables and a screw gear to chop them up-HOW did this even work for so long??

If I can get the gear off I may take it to some machinists to see if it can be replicated at a decent cost. Don't expect anything soon, think months.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #

Add me to the list as mine just stopped working. I'm guessing the gear is stripped, or at least partially. The motor still runs, but one side is moving and the other not.

Currently locked screen at top setting. There is way too much drag in this system for this not to eventually be a problem for all who have it.

I don't have the skills to make it, but I agree a worm gear drive with threaded rods seems like a better system than bicycle brake cables and a screw gear to chop them up-HOW did this even work for so long??

If I can get the gear off I may take it to some machinists to see if it can be replicated at a decent cost. Don't expect anything soon, think months.

No need.
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?130126-Windshield-mechanism-gear-relacement

Bike
ST1300
Top Bottom