Article [13] ST1300 - Scuff Guards on the Cheap

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Over the years, I have ordered three sets from the UK! (one for each: '05, '04 & '10) The are great!

Dex

Bike
ST1300A
Keith Munro of Bikequip http://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/index.html sells some which work well. Look at the section 'Protection Kits'. I suspect uses similar very sticky material so you have to make sure you line it up well before applying to the frame, but looks neat enough once applied. I have put it on two different ST1300s so far. The kit also includes a piece to protect the frame by the pillion footrests too.

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
After finding out that Bike Quip in the UK is currently closed due to owner illness I decided to make my own. I found some 4" Safety-Walk textured tape so I wouldn't have to worry about seams. Since I don't seem to scuff up the toe area I only made protectors for the heel areas. I think they came out ok. I've got enough on the roll to make another 6 sets (Rt & Lft heel area only). I'll post in the For Sale area if you are interested in the heel area protectors.

Templates:
Scuff pads 1.jpg

On the Bike:
Scuff pads 2.jpg

Bike
04 DL650 V-Strom
Recognized your profile pic from the stromtrooper site, nice looking pup. My old Mal is my pic over there.
End of thread Jack
Funny I recognized your profile name and thought is it same guy...and yes you are. My pup has been passed now almost 3 years, where has the time gone.

Top Bottom