Garage Pics

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Lets see everyones man cave. The garage you use to work on you STeed. Pretty, ugly, or suburbia doesnt matter lets see your workshop.:bow1:

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I don't have many good current shots but it is 32x32 with 12' ceiling in the main shop area that is insulated and heated. The back part of the shop isn't heated or insulated and is about 38 x 15 with about a 20' ceiling. Previous owners used that space to park their motorhome so the floor is dug out and much lower than the res of the shop. I have a 4 post car hoist out there now and it is used for storage mainly. My father has his 1980 Vette on the hoist and had the 2003 Vette under it until he took it to AZ with him last month.

Here is where the toys normally are. Though my shop is a mess right now. The 1100 is there. I moved my 450ES down to one of the other buildings for now. The JD sits on the other side of the shop now. Behind the 450ES you can just make out my Atlas Metal Lathe. Those things are handy to have but I would really like a mill. The rest of the space is taken up by a project I have ongoing where I am rebuilding a sweeper attachment for the John Deere. I also now keep my hydraulic press over there now.

Here I had one of our cars and my truck in the shop at the same time getting work done. I was doing a timing belt, brembo brakes and stainless steel brake lines on the car. For the truck I was doing a backup camera and power door lock actuator in the tailgate that tapped into the vehicle's security system.

In the background of this one you can see my work bench area. I have a long work bench along the back wall along with an island in the middle of that work space. Also things like bench grinders and drill press are in that area.

Here is the timing belt job.

And the backup camera

I was still in the process of installing it so that isn't the final position which explains why the image is not straight. In that shot you can see the service and garage door.

In the background of this shot you can make out the work bench that runs the length of the back wall and part of the island. This is the only current shot. That is about how it looks now as I still have the 1300 tore apart while I wait on a couple parts I need for winter maintenance.

I have gigabit copper run out to the shop so I have internet there along with a wireless access point. The pole barn is all metal construction so wireless internet wasn't available from the house until I added another access point. I also have cable TV and telephone run out there. I have a phone but no TV hooked up. I might add one once we get a new TV for the living room. We will see if I can swing getting the old Plasma for the shop. As I mentioned it is heated out there but I keep it at about 34 in the winter if I am not working out there. If I am going out there I flip a switch to toggle a different thermostat and bump it up to about 65. There is a floor drain in the shop so all the melting snow and stuff has a place to go.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
They did this thread on Adventure Rider and I was drooling over a few of the shops there. Check this one out.

Link

That one is nice but I would like this one as well as it is more my style as far as equipment and working on stuff.

Link 2

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
[video=youtube;GI5FU0pBEGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI5FU0pBEGA[/video]
The good thing is I haven't gone crazy enough to ride in the garage yet this year. I have cleared the floor and moved items to the wall however.

Raymond

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Oh boy, this will be great. :clap2: My shop is new - a blank canvas. Ideas is what I need.

I'll take some pictures and show you what I've got so far.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
[video=youtube;GI5FU0pBEGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI5FU0pBEGA[/video]
The good thing is I haven't gone crazy enough to ride in the garage yet this year. I have cleared the floor and moved items to the wall however.

Raymond
:) Its early yet ;-) You need a little song to sing while you ride in circles - "Snow snow go away" perhaps

Bike
2003 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Here is mine:

Garage-1a.jpgGarage-2a.jpgGarage-3a.jpgGarage-4a.jpg

My poor ST has been in there since November 5th due to snow. Garage is heated to 7C except when I am working out there.

Tim

OP
OP
monroes_st
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Well this is what i have to work on. Soon it will look worthy of a Westerville, OH garage
Image.jpg

Top Bottom