Article [13] ST1300 - Tip over bars on the CHEAP

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The gap between the two open ends of the right-hand bar in your picture looks to be greater than the gap in my picture. If you were to force the lower bar end a little further backwards and upwards, it will align with the hole as well as close the gap to be similar to what I have.

My right-hand side;

RH Side 01.jpg

My left-hand side;

LH Side 01.jpg

If you were to force the lower bar end a little further backwards and upwards,
For sure. I can force them together, or upwards, I am using a vice and clamps. The issue is to force them backwards (so that the holes get closer another 0.25), and to lock them in this position until I can bolt them to the bike.

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
For sure. I can force them together, or upwards, I am using a vice and clamps. The issue is to force them backwards (so that the holes get closer another 0.25), and to lock them in this position until I can bolt them to the bike.
That is what needs to be done. All of us who have installed these have had the same forces to deal with, so it is feasible. Most of us managed it using the worm gear clamps to hold them to the right spacing and the necessary brute force to get them to where we needed them. I am sure that you will prevail as well.

Top Bottom