Gerbings Glove Liners - Any Experience?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had a pair of Gerbings G-3 gloves for 4 years and were happy with them. However, I recently lost them and was looking at replacing them when I saw Gerbings glove liners on their website. I called them to inquire and was told the liners are about the thickness of stretch knit gloves. I have two pairs of heavy unheated gloves that are waterproof with removable knit liners. Replacing the G3s with the heated glove liners appeals to me. I imagine the liners would be more versatile used inside different gloves including the waterproof ones I have and also deer skin ropers. The latter would be just about the weight of G3s and very supple. The cost savings of $60 would help my budget as well.

Anyone have experience with Gerbings heated glove liners?

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
During the past year or so, I received as gifts both the Gerbing's Microwire heated glove liners and the T5 Microwire heated gloves.

My glove liners are size XL and fit my hands well before donning any over-gloves; they are indeed about the same thickness as knit gloves and I can move my fingers freely and make a fist without any binding. When I don my size 2XL armored, "cool-weather" gloves over the liners, I find the combination to be a bit too restrictive and causes "hot spots" on my knuckles when my hands are wrapped around the grips. I attribute a lot of this to the armored knuckles on my gloves; if your gloves are not armored, you may not experience the same. My cool-weather gloves do not have removable liners, so yours with removable liners may be just fine.

The T5 gloves are size XL and fit my hands very well; they are perhaps one-half size too large, but I'd rather have them a bit too roomy than too small. Even with the somewhat loose fit, they are plenty toasty.

My experience suggests that either the liners or the gloves should provide ample warmth during most conditions. While wearing either one, I've never wished for more heat while riding in temperatures as low as 30 degrees F and I suspect that I would still be comfy at 20 degrees F.

Try to find a local dealer where you can try some glove liners for fit with your over-gloves. If you already have some good over-gloves and the liners fit comfortably, the liners are a great, cost-effective and versatile solution.

You may find more information by searching the 'Heated Accessories' sub-forum.

Raj_Zin

AKA Steve
Bike
FJR1300A
STOC #
My experience with the Gerbing's liner is limited to trying them on for fit under my well-fitting leather gloves I wear most of the time. The liners were too bulky to be comfortable under them. The liners seem more like light-weight gloves than liners. They might be ok in your gloves with the removable liners. Mine had none.

You might want to check out the powerlet liners. They seemed more like silk liners to me. I didn't have my gloves with me to check for fit this time, but they felt a lot less bulky than the Gerbing's. I couldn't tell where the wires were. And they got HOT.

-Steve

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I tried a pair of the older-style Gerbing liners, and they were too thick to fit under any of my existing gloves. If your current gloves fit properly, I think you'd have a hard time fitting a "knit glove" inside them.

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I tried a pair of the older-style Gerbing liners, and they were too thick to fit under any of my existing gloves. If your current gloves fit properly, I think you'd have a hard time fitting a "knit glove" inside them.
The heavy gloves I mentioned in the post have removable knit liners. They fit good with the liners in (not light silk, but lightweight cloth gloves in themselves), that is why I have held on to them. I am a bit of a glove ho with a section of my wife's china cabinet taken over for the storage of gloves. The ones that made the cut over the years get used alot, the others not so much. That is why I have two pairs with removable liners. They aren't my favorites but on the other hand the Gerbing G3's I had did not see much use either but cold weather riding was sublime when I did have a need for them.

I have either read posts from or talked to folks that like or dislike the liners so I have the idea on hold until I can actually try some one under the gloves I have in mind. No dealers within 400 miles of me stock them so I guess I'll wait 6 weeks until Daytona Bike Week to see them first hand. Thanks for the input.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Yeah, they probably don't sell a whole lot of them in Florida. Not that it doesn't get chilly enough to use them, it is just that we have dealers that are willing to stock them. There is a John Deere/Yamaha/Arctic Cat dealer that is also a Gerbing Dealer. They are about 3 miles from my house. So I went there and tried the liners and tried the T5s. I went for the T5 but I am also installing heated grips. The T5s are bulky and there are times where a little heat would be nice but I don't need the bulk of the T5. So I will wear my regular leather gloves with the heaters. As it gets too cold for that I will change to the T5.

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, they probably don't sell a whole lot of them in Florida. Not that it doesn't get chilly enough to use them, it is just that we have dealers that are willing to stock them. There is a John Deere/Yamaha/Arctic Cat dealer that is also a Gerbing Dealer. They are about 3 miles from my house. So I went there and tried the liners and tried the T5s. I went for the T5 but I am also installing heated grips. The T5s are bulky and there are times where a little heat would be nice but I don't need the bulk of the T5. So I will wear my regular leather gloves with the heaters. As it gets too cold for that I will change to the T5.
You are using the versatility I was thinking of. I have heated grips and if you can have both electric grips and gloves it is the best. All parts of the hands and fingers are nice and warm.

Top Bottom