Mesh pants for summer! Convertible pant feedback req'd.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
The Olympia Airglide3 is great. Don't expect it to have the venting of a full mesh pant like some of the cheaper ones that are practically all mesh. They designed them for protection as well as venting.

Bike
2006 ST1300
The Olympia Airglide3 is great. Don't expect it to have the venting of a full mesh pant like some of the cheaper ones that are practically all mesh. They designed them for protection as well as venting.
Have you worn these over shorts? Do they give you a good breeze without the liner in them?

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
In warm weather I always wear shorts. In real hot humid weather I wear just lycra underwear. It's hard to get a good breeze on the ST because of the wind protection but you can feel it.

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
I pretty much echo Throttlejockey's comments. I've been wearing AirGlide3 pants for most of 3 seasons now - from the first ride of spring to the heat and humidity of the summer. When it is hot I just wear shorts underneath, in moderate weather I wear jeans underneath, and in cold weather I've bundled up with long johns, jeans, liner, and pants + rain pants (no heated gear below the waist).

I've been very pleased with the pants but it looks like this is the last season for me as they are starting to show fraying in various spots. So I'll keep an eye on this thread for a potential replacement.

PS - I like the non-black colour too.

Top Bottom