Turn Signal Not Working

Bike
2002 ST1300
STOC #
USD060
I have a 2004 ST1300. When I turn my right blinker on, I don't get any flashing at the front turn signal of the bike. The rear turn light however, flashes very quickly, as well as the turn signal on the dash flickers very quickly as well. My left turn light works fine.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why the right light flickers quickly (way faster than it should) in the rear and dash, but that I get nothing in the front. Is this a code Honda uses to tell me I need to change bulbs, or that I have a potential front wiring problem?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
check the bulb? or check for short int he wiring in the front or wire harness gotten loose or carotid/oxidized?

OP
OP
Bike
2002 ST1300
STOC #
USD060
Would a bad bulb cause this kind of "flicker" in the rear and on the dash? Do you know if that's the ST's way of telling me my bulb is out?

Avtrician

Definitely the bulb blown, a car shows the same symptoms as well....

OP
OP
Bike
2002 ST1300
STOC #
USD060
Awesome . . . thank you all, I'll pick up a new bulb this week. Glad it doesn't sound like wiring.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The flasher units have a bimetallic strip in them that repeatedly makes contact and turns on the light, heats up from the current flowing through it, flexes and loses contact, turning the light off. Then it cools down and the cycle repeats. If there's a short in the system, which sometimes happens when a bulb goes, the resistance drops and everything flashes faster because the bar has to pass more current and gets hotter faster.

If you install LEDs without a resistor in them, you get the same behavior.

--Mark

I've had a problem with the connector on the mirror housing that caused the same problem... the tether for the mirror cover wasn't attached properly and someone knocked off my mirror cover in a parking lot... when I returned it was dangling by the wires instead of the tether and had pulled one of the wires for the marker light/turn signal loose... if a bulb doesn't cure your problem, you might check the wiring...

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
It's a standard 21/5W turn signal bulb. Take the dead one with you to the auto parts store; they're probably a buck or two.

--Mark

I'm having the same problem. First it was the emergency light not working, now the left blinker. Tried everything by the mirror housing. It wasn't the connectors. Could it be the switch housing itself?
Thank You.

Top Bottom