Motoport Pants - extra junk in the trunk?

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #
Should this thread be moved to the joke forum or at least the clothing/pants forum....geesh!

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
As bad as I want to I'm going to respect Joe's "issues" and not draw any more attention to his problem. I'm going to let Solo have some fun with this one. I've been picking on Joe pretty hard lately. He's turned all but one of the mods against me.

There's this one song that keeps popping into my head now from the great Eminem - Shake that A _ _ for me!

There's an old saying...Until you've walked a mile in my shoes. I know just how horrible Joe's problem is and I've had to deal with it my entire life.

Mac had his new culottes and jacket on at the MotoCamper gig in February. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention but they appeared to fit him well. I wouldn't be too upset over it. You might compare it to a "resevoir tip" in that there is plenty of room for any flatulence you may develop.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
As bad as I want to I'm going to respect Joe's "issues" and not draw any more attention to his problem. I'm going to let Solo have some fun with this one. I've been picking on Joe pretty hard lately. He's turned all but one of the mods against me.

There's this one song that keeps popping into my head now from the great Eminem - Shake that A _ _ for me!

There's an old saying...Until you've walked a mile in my shoes. I know just how horrible Joe's problem is and I've had to deal with it my entire life.
Broke your Photoshop, huh?!?

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Dear Dr Dinkie,
It has been along time since I last wrote to you for advice, but a friend of mine (yes, dammit it IS a friend) believes he looks like Beyonce. When we first met he told me he was an IT guy, and I naturally assumed he worked with computers. What can be done to straighten my friend out before he starts singing?
Coop

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I don't think the mesh is that darned cool. I can't stand it in the summer!!

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Dear Dr Dinkie,
It has been along time since I last wrote to you for advice, but a friend of mine (yes, dammit it IS a friend) believes he looks like Beyonce. When we first met he told me he was an IT guy, and I naturally assumed he worked with computers. What can be done to straighten my friend out before he starts singing?
Coop
Dear Mr. Cooper,
I am so happy to see you have beat your agoraphobia. Nice to have you with us again. I want to first warn you that what may seem like an innocent relationship with an IT guy may be a red flag. In certain circles an IT guy means "Initializing Turd". If you find other clues such a your friend wearing baggy pants you may want to proceed slowly with the relationship. There's been many who went on to get themselves into an abhorrent environment!

Dinkie Diesel

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
.... anyone else have this problem?
Maybe not to the extent you do but the MP stretch Kevlar pants I have had for going on 3 years now are more loose than I prefer. I have gotten annoyed enough with the problem that I have been considering replacing them for something with a better fit. The fit however is not the only reason I have considered replacing them - they are just too hot for me in hot weather. Yep, I know I ride on a full faired bike (ST11) that blocks a lot of the wind so there is not as much airflow but considering Wayne's claims I expected to be cooler than what I have been experiencing. In an attempt to try for some relief in the heat I have at times pulled back the portion of the pants with velcro that overlap the zippers on the legs. I do leave the zippers zipped. That does seem to help some as I can detect some cooling where air is infiltrating where the exposed zipper is which indicates to me that stretch kevlar really doesnt permit cooling like you would expect based on M.P.'s claims. I have often thought that if the pants were designed with additional velcro strategically placed so that when the flap over the zipper was rolled back it would stay out of the way it would be more conducive to cooling. As it is even though I pull the velcro overlap back it eventually returns to its previous position. If there is anyone on the board who has the stretch kevlar pants that has ridden with them on an unfaired bike in the heat I would like to know what they think of them in that circumstance.

Now, getting back to your original issue about the fit, if you are considering alterations and should happen to come across someone who can alter them please let me know as I have considered that option as well.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks Ken, I'll let you know... I haven't checked to see if MP will pull in the rear a little.... or a lot.. as the case may be.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I have a problem with my mesh jacket. When I bend my elbows enuff to buckle my helmet, it's so tight at the elbows it cuts off the circulation. This is with the heated jacket and the liner under the mesh. I'm otherwise satisfied with the fit tho I still think the jacket sleeves could be an inch longer. Pants fit well.

I've also gotten better at the on/off routine. More cumbersome (to me) than the Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
2) Junk in my trunk - okay, don't laugh but there's so much extra material in the backside I look like Beyonce when I have them on.... anyone else have this problem?
When I was at the Motoport shop I tried on a pair of pants that fit me like that! This was a pair that were in stock that I could have saved a little money on but I went with the custom built pants as my butt did not fill those pants and I hope my butt is never that big!! :22yikes:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
When I was at the Motoport shop I tried on a pair of pants that fit me like that! This was a pair that were in stock that I could have saved a little money on but I went with the custom built pants as my butt did not fill those pants and I hope my butt is never that big!! :22yikes:
Mine are custom... I think the measurements asked for need to be refined somewhat to provide a better 'custom' fit... off the rack stuff fits me better than this 'custom' stuff.

I may sell this stuff and get some leather.

Joe, I noticed the same issue with my pants that I got a few months back. Aside from that, they fit fine and have been very comfortable. I am curious though to see how they do in the heat. Pay no attention to the rest of these boys, their just jealous they got no money maker to shake...:butt1:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Joe, I noticed the same issue with my pants that I got a few months back. Aside from that, they fit fine and have been very comfortable. I am curious though to see how they do in the heat. Pay no attention to the rest of these boys, their just jealous they got no money maker to shake...:butt1:
The pants feel much cooler than my Olympia mesh pants.. however, the jacket feels quite a bit warmer than my Olympia mesh jacket. I would think it's the extra padding. The police jacket has stretch kevlar on the arms so no mesh there and might contribute to how much hotter that feels.

Mine are custom... I think the measurements asked for need to be refined somewhat to provide a better 'custom' fit... off the rack stuff fits me better than this 'custom' stuff.

I may sell this stuff and get some leather.
Don't they offer alterations on their custom stuff? Maybe check with them and see if they will alter them to better fit you? I seem to remember someone posting that they had to have the jacket they purchased altered two or three times before they got it right.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Don't they offer alterations on their custom stuff? Maybe check with them and see if they will alter them to better fit you? I seem to remember someone posting that they had to have the jacket they purchased altered two or three times before they got it right.
Yeah, already had my jacket altered by them... even so, it's not perfect which is what I expect from a custom job... with all the measurements I gave the jacket is about an 8 out of 10 for fit where I can get an off-the-shelf jacket that is almost a 10/10 fit.

The pants are maybe 6-7 out of a 10 for me whereas the off-the-shelf solutions are in the 9 range.

In a separate email I was asked specifically for hip and thigh measurements...

I think I asked about the extra rear section and it was a complete re-do of the pants and high $$... I'll ask again as I can't find that email.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
What not the look you were going for?
If there was nothing in the trunk.You would not have any protection.
I guess what I should have said is 'Extra trunk space and nothing to put in it'...

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Joe,
After careful consideration of you problem, I have come up with the answer!! The answer to you problem can be found at this URL.

Top Bottom