Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just got off the phone with "Kay" in Cincinnati. The sensors are "always on" while pressure is being applied. So . . . carrying spares works just fine, limited by the normal degradation of battery life.

:) Shuey

PS: So, if you're not riding for an extended period of time, it would seem wise to . . . take off the sensors!

Last edited:
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Thanks, Shuey, appreciate you digging into all that. I did prefer to mount the sensors outside, but no room to do so on the front as it will hit the calipers on the FJR. Guess I'll let the air out of the front tire this winter......

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I installed my Doran just after Christmas following Shuey's fantastic installation instructions. I got my mount plenty tight without electrictal tape and chose to mount the display on the right side. I too bypassed mounting the external warning light. The light on the display is plenty bright for me on its own.

I bought my bike used and the previous owner had some really nice titanium 90? valve stems installed. I chose to mount externally, and man I'd be lucky if there was a millimeter gap between the sensor and the caliper when the sensor passes by!

I just checked the unit yesterday after storing the bidke for the winter and i was pleased to see i haven't lost any pressure. I will be removing the sensors from now one when the bike is parked for more than a few days.

Thanks for the thread Shuey! It was a big help!

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I just installed some T-stems on my front wheel, so I now have the sensor externally in the middle of the wheel and a 90 degree valve stem for adding air without removing the sensors.
You can get them at tpms.ca . BTW, I bought an exact duplicate of their TPMS system from China for less and putting it on my Wee. Display is not waterproof though.

Top Bottom