Grandma Gatewood and Wife's take on Kansas to North Carolina Road Trip

CruSTy

My Perception is my reality.
Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wife and I recently took her first real road trip to North Carolina. She is a much better writer than I and wrote an interesting journal about her take on the trip. Hope you enjoy it as well.

View attachment 170315

Chuck

OP
OP
CruSTy

CruSTy

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
Good trip report, glad they had a good time.
Thanks Jim,
We had a great trip. It was most certainly the best motorcycle trip of my life so far. Definitely looking forward to riding in North Carolina again and as often as possible.

motofisch

(Scott)
Bike
2006 ST1300
That was an excellent write-up on a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing your story. I enjoyed the pictures too. I had never seen a "bedroll" mounted on the front of an ST. You may be starting a trend.

OP
OP
CruSTy

CruSTy

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had never seen a "bedroll" mounted on the front of an ST. You may be starting a trend.
It does kinda look like a bed roll. Actually its a couple of dry bags I bought to store the rain gear and liners in. Very versatile mounting options and one can store inside the other so your luggage can be consolidated. Slightly top heavy but served their purpose well. I would purchase them again.

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Great write up on your ride. There is no way I could ever get my wife to ride that long, no way. You are a real trooper. Next time you are in Nashville and are at Antique Archaeology in Nashville there is a little shop called The Soda Parlor Nashville. They are behind and to the left in the same building. They have the best root beer floats in town and you can even buy a T shirt. My daughter is the manager. Tell them Paul sent you and you might get a discount. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went in to getting it open a little over a year ago for three young people. The Soda Parlor 1300 Clinton Nashville.

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Nice trip write up. I enjoyed reading it. Me and the mrs are planning a ride to that area again as soon as the weather warms up. We did a trip there 2 years ago with my Cbr600 (crotch rocket) but we trailered it. This time around, the we will ride the ST there from South Florida. Last trip, the "dragon" was the highlight and focal point of the trip, this time it will be the ride there, and the surrounding roads. Carolinas and Tennessee have some beautiful roads.
Thanks for sharing.
Mike

Top Bottom