New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
drrod:

looks like the shields are too low.
Make sure that the shields are level. Then try gently bending up the shields one at a time. Remember the mirror effect, the left shield will affect the right side flare. The outside edge of the shields should be slightly above horizontal center line of the bulb.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
My old (83) Wing uses an H4 in a round 7" glass headlight. Guessing these would work? Still gotta wonder about the heat in a closed environment?

Last edited:

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
drrod:

looks like the shields are too low.
Make sure that the shields are level. Then try gently bending up the shields one at a time. Remember the mirror effect, the left shield will affect the right side flare. The outside edge of the shields should be slightly above horizontal center line of the bulb.
The shields are level and if not at, or above, the centerline, then so close as to not be measurable. How durable are those shields. ie. can I bend them up and then back down if it makes it worse?
Rod

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
I have bent these quite a bit. they will not break very easy. the up flare indicates that the shields are too low. so bend the shields up. The other possibility is that the lower mounting tabs are not fully out of the way and the bulb is tilted too low. any light falling below the middle horizontal line will create this up flare. I have broken off the lower tabs on the mounting ring.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I have bent these quite a bit. they will not break very easy. the up flare indicates that the shields are too low. so bend the shields up. The other possibility is that the lower mounting tabs are not fully out of the way and the bulb is tilted too low. any light falling below the middle horizontal line will create this up flare. I have broken off the lower tabs on the mounting ring.
Thanks.
I will play with them and see what I can get.
Rod

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
I see that drrod was checking his new lights at 20'. Is that the correct distance to check 'em? Just curious because mine will be delivering this Saturday and I will hopefully be installing on Mon/Tues.

Skip

Last edited:

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Thanks a million for the great post. I'll be using this post in order to mount the new G6 H4 bulbs in my Suzuki V-Strom as well.

Thanks to all that posted earlier and made this thread so helpful. I did my lights today and have a couple of pics to add to help others.

Pics 1,2,3 show how the new LED parts and the OEM protective rubber boot fit together. I was having a hard time picturing it when it was being described in earlier posts. You can't insert it fully assembled like this but this is how it will end up in the end - and the grey piece slips further into the rubber housing (my pic does not show it fully slid together).

Pics 4 & 5 show the tabs that others had referred to, I didn't know what the tabs were until I had the lights and tried the install myself. From the overhead pics (the OEM bulb is on the top in the pics) you can see that the 3 tabs that stick out from the LEDs locking ring do not match the 3 Honda OEM bulb tabs, so it won't fit in the headlight housing when you try to insert the new bulb. Second pic shows what it looks like when I cut off the 2 smaller tabs with tin snips. Then it fits into the bulb housing easily.

The best assembly advise that I can give is as follows (in this order). I did the job without removing any fairing, I just turned the handle bars side to side and reached in.
1. Undo the lightbulb connection, remove the protective rubber boot, undo the springy metal retaining clip, and pull the old bulb.
2. Take the new LED locking ring, cut off the 2 smallest tabs, and insert that piece ALONE into the headlight housing and attach the springy metal retaining clip.
3. Then put on the protective rubber boot,
4. Then slip in the new LED bulb/fan assembly. With a little gentle rotating and wiggling the bulb and fan assembly can be slipped forward into place (in the rubber boot housing) and then rotated gently by hand to adjust it to level. Look at the bulb from the outside of the headlight to see if it's level.
5. Then connect the electrical connection and zip-tie the ballast and wires out of the way, still allowing the steering to turn smoothly without binding on anything. My bike has a headlight modulator and it works great with these new bulbs

Hope this is helpful to someone. Good luck,
Al

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Lots of positive reviews on this 3 sided version. I don't think there is a glare shield to deal with. Cat'

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019QZS4K2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A10387RIK920RD

Not good reviews listed on Amazon

wing 11-16 of 16 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
1.0 out of 5 starsnot good material, when I tried doesn't work and doesn't ...
ByDagmaron April 3, 2016
Size: 800 Series|Verified Purchase
Very cheap,not good material,when I tried doesn't work and doesn't fit my car either,I do not recommend this product.Next time I will expend more money and buy something really good.
1 comment|Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsQuestionable product
ByJon R.on June 10, 2016
Size: H4 / HB2 / 9003|Verified Purchase
One of the three leds in one for the headlights went out within 3 days of having them installed in my car. Huge disappointment
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsOne Star
ByAmazon Customeron May 13, 2016
Size: H8 / H9 / H11 / H16|Verified Purchase
I bought this a month ago and one of them broke already what a disapoiment
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsNot reccommended
ByAmazon Customeron February 19, 2016
Size: 9005 / HB3|Verified Purchase
These do not lock into headlight. I have my OEM headlights and after market projector headlights. These did not fit either headlight housing, low or high beam hole. They twist into location but don't fit tight and fall out. 2005 GMC yukon denali
1 comment|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsDisgusted and Disappointed
ByAmazon Customeron March 11, 2016
Size: H3|Verified Purchase
I give these lights a ZERO star rating. They telly out you need extra room behind the light which I had what they do not tell you or show or mention is the 3 inch by one inch ballest that is also wired in. Without a lot of modification to the light housing and trying to mount this extra part it will not fit. After an hour of trying to get a plan my wife and I gave up. I will definitely not recommend these lights to anyone. I bought a set of H1 and a set of H3 and they are both the same. This is my first time I am going to return something to Amazon. I will post some more on this and will say how this action turns out.
1 comment|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsFan to big
ByAmazon Customeron May 26, 2016
This bulb fit in my car,(BMW 550i 2008 LCI) it's H8 socket , but the fan is too big, the seal of de hedlamp don't fit now. I will not be able to install.

ery bright for 10 feet!
Bymattg325on June 5, 2016
I bought his kit to replace a kensun 35 watt his kit. Install took 10 minutes. The bulbs are in a projector housing. No where near w8k lumen. More like 4k combined. Halogen bulbs are brighter. Very disappointed with bulbs. After driving home 1 time and not being able to see 10 feet in front of my car I took them out and sent them back.

Update. After posting this review I received an email from the distributer giving me a number to call to see if they could get me some led lights that might work. Called them 3 times on 3 different days. Left a message each time. Haven't heard back from them. Stay away from stark!!!
1 comment|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsThey are super bright.
ByCharleson June 6, 2016
Size: 9006 / HB4|Verified Purchase
When I first received the kit I thought they were defective. The tabs were on wrong side. But once I connected them without the lock tab. They are super bright .. Got mine February 27 2016 passenger side light burned out first of May started flickering couple day's then only one light was working as of last night June 5th 2016 the driver side went out aswell.....
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsWaste of money.
ByClint Esteson April 6, 2016
Size: H7|Verified Purchase
This is hands down the worse purchase I have made. These came 8000lm. My fog lights are brighter than these are and they are only rated at 1400lm. I had 0PT7 leds that are rated at 7000lm that are twice as bright as these are on the low setting. I did not try the comparison with them on high because I knew the dissapointment that would follow. I would rate these 0 stars if I could.

UPDATE: I tried working a solution with the company. They are more concerned about this review I posted rather than fixing the issue first. I tried giving them the benefit of a doubt, but in a lot of the emails exchanged they kept asking me to rate them 5 stars and change the review to positive. They kept doing this and the issue is not resolved.
2 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsIt was too good too good to be true.
ByKidjaion May 17, 2016
I ordered this to replace my HID headlights on my 13' pathfinder. The installation took me less than 5 minutes. I have used dozens of aftermarket HIDs from ddm, morimotos, and cheap ebay one and by far this is the best solution for halogen reflectors. I was a little skeptical with leds but the brightness and light pattern is on point. It is crazy how bright these things are. Physically the item seem very well built. The fan is not loud at all. I can't hear it in the cabin and can't even tell that it's running until I pop open the hood.

I'm giving it a 4 star for now since I don't know how long these will last. I will give it a 5 once it pass the 6 months mark.

+++++++++update++++++++
I really wanted to like this product but unfortunately it went out less than 24 hours. The light went out on one side and there's a burning smell coming from my headlight. The fan on the defective side is too hot to touch but the working side is not. Hopefully it didn't burn my headlight housing. I am fortunate enough that my car didn't catch on fire. I will inspect it tomorrow when there's light.
1 comment|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsPissed
Byloganon June 4, 2016
Size: H13 / 9008|Verified Purchase
Put these in my 08 dodge ram and they looked amazing it turned out when you crank the truck they flicker and then go out I didn't find this out until I was in town 20 minutes from my house one night and had to drive home in the dark with nothing but halogen fogs I'm slightly pissed.
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsVery disappointed, light beam is scattered
ByMike S.on April 21, 2016
Size: H4 / HB2 / 9003|Verified Purchase
Very disappointed, light beam is scattered. High beam shines toward the clouds! Yes, they were installed correctly, on fit one way. Returned immediately. Someone's review that the beam is level and focused must on be for one make/model. Had high hopes, tried a set in my '05 Expedition with similar disappointing results. Orderd "Ultra vision" halogen bulbs instead.
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsThere is a box on the wiring. The piece ...
ByKevin Cooperon June 8, 2016
Size: 9007 / HB5|Verified Purchase
There is a box on the wiring. The piece that is supposed to hold these into place will not slide over the box that is attached to the wires so therefore there is nothing to hold the lights into the socket.
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsToo large for Camry Solara housing
ByC Levon March 14, 2016
Doesn't fit my Camry Solara, unless I take a saw to the frame. The backs of these are too large to fit on the driver side. Also, have to remove the fuse box to just get the light into the housing. Passenger side wouldn't seat properly to keep moisture out. Light color did look good. Returning these and have to pay $7 return shipping, which sucks.
1 comment|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsThese lights suck! they don't run at the power level they ...
Bycheesychuckon March 14, 2016
Size: H1|Verified Purchase
These lights suck! they don't run at the power level they are listed as and they are not bright. My halogen bulbs had a better light output. If you want they look, then these are great if you want bright lights so you can actually see look elsewhere. My rigid fog lights put out more light than these bulbs. Will return asap
Yes
No
Report abuse
1.0 out of 5 starsQUALITY ISSUES
ByRomeoon May 10, 2016
Size: 9005 / HB3|Verified Purchase
I was wondering if these led lights passed the Quality Control of the Federal Trade and Commerce because my set of led lights, one was working alright while the other has some flicks issues. Personally, I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The problem with the three sided led listed above (STARK) is 1. No shield on the low beam. They are at an angle and will spill into the lower part of the reflector and cause a lot of glare to on coming traffic.

2 It uses large COB emitters and they do not focus well which puts a lot of light 10 feet in front of the bike and will cause glare for the RIDER.

Go back and read through my thread on "How to modify the H4 to reduce glare ST1300". This one is like the old 3600 LM bulb...

Last edited:
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

This may be a stupid question, but installing these lights on another bike, which way is the little shield suppose to be? On the bottom or top??

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

See post # 156 of this current thread.

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
I have an 05 Suzuki Vee-Strom that I mounted the G6 H4 lights in using the directions in post #149.
It was extremely simple. And I didn't need to cut off the tabs as on the ST.

Everything is working great.

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
Yesterday after reading this thread beginning to end I ordered the Evitek H-4 6500k lamps with shield from Amazon, which had available free same day delivery(Amazon Prime).
I installed them last night.
I also used a pair of Honda to H-4 adapter plates, bent the two lower tabs back on the lamps and the install was seamless.
I am shocked how bright they are and will dial down the headlight adjustment to not dazzle oncoming traffic.
The color temperature matches perfectly my Cree element driving lights.
All in all very nice performance lighting upgrade to my venerable ST1100.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Before putting in the order for the Evitek G6 H4 lights, I'm just checking to make sure that this is the go to, plug and play LED light for the ST1100 (with the H4 adapters which I always use), based on the experiences here.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Mine are doing so good, I bought a second set and put them in my 2012!

I love the light that comes out of them! :D

Top Bottom